JWT Popcharger

Hughzy

Hi all

i am looking to remove both my standard airbox's and fit an induction kit. im not sure what route to go down just yet tho :blink:

i stumbled across JWT Popcharger kits on fleebay and was wondering if anyone had these fitted and what they thought? i like the idea of the pipe intake being a venturi as you get a good filter surface area to the base of the filter..... but do they work? :shrug:

i had read earlier that the twin intake engines prefer the standard airboxes? dont get me wrong i want to improve the throttle response, the sound and the looks of the car but not at the loss of some torque :lol:

You have a venturi in yours anyway ;)

You may want to look at the Nismo kit for yours... Looks a bit cooler !!

Have a search in Abbeys threads as there is info in there from other 313 owners... They can loose hp and torque but they sound good! loose unless you have it tuned;)

Also i forgot to ask do i remove my standard airflow meters and fit them into the induction pipes? or does it come with aftermarket jobbers?

if so what are they like reliability wise? are they good replacement? calibrated correctly?

The nismo comes with slots in the CAI for the MAF sensors to fit in but you will need a star driver with a little whole in the middle. halfords do sell them or they come in the big spanner / ratchet kit... Careful on removal as they are sensitive little souls!

Nismo is built with the 350 in mind, and comes as a kit. Pop chargers are only filters and then you buy other z-pipes.

Others are made like ARC ($$$$$$ but look amazing) Injen (was one of the best CAI's on the single intake version), Stillen (Comes with filter boxs for increased airflow) AEM (Make or used to make the Nismo) Fujita and weapon R (Good reviews but not many owners use!)

Have a look on Envys site, z-store.co.uk most if not all options are listed there :thumbs:

don't want to start a dyno argument but a run was made with and without the filter and that was the power loss. They make a mint noise though and I'm sure with other mods they will eventually provide gains in power but on a stock car I don't think there will be gains. So it's more for looks and noise in my opinion.

its a noise mod more than anything. if you want more noise then do it. only way you'll get a real improvement over the stock boxes which are very good is to find induction cone filters that come with an inclosed airbox. they do alot of these for the 276 and 296 engines but am unsure on if anything is like that for the 313. i vaguly remember k&N might do something like that, but i'm unsure if that will still be as good as stock boxes.

if your purly after BHP gains then get some drop in panel filters. its cheaper and there are alot more options out there for you.

if apexi do a drop in filter that would be my choice.

others available i think are:

ITG

k&n

hks

pipercross

am sure there are others but i'm not that familiar with them. basically if a manufacturer makes cones for the car there will probably be a drop in filter as well.