trackday insurance rough cost?

dazzerbone

i know alot of people dont bother with it, but there is no way i would risk smashing up my baby or someone else smashing it and not getting the money back.

has anybody bought any for a single event and how much it was approx and where from. i did try and get a quote but they are taking ages getting back to me.

cheers guys and girls

Don't bother. With all due respect to Greekman (and I think he's even said that it was totally his own fault), if you drive within your limits then you won't ever have an issue due to anything you've done, and if the problem comes from around you (i.e. people driving like tits) then either stay well clear or, even better, report them to the TDO on the day who should sort it. If they don't, then at least you know not to spend your money there again.

That said, if you can get it built into your main policy when you take it out then go for it. I'm with Richard Egger mainly because they gave a great price and don't care at all about mods, but having trackday cover added in is a nice bonus. As Darren says though, the excess is going to be at least 10% of the cost of the vehicle, and you'd have to be doing something really stupid to cause that much damage to your car in the first place. For all the damage that Greekman did, it's not £2000 worth there so even if he'd had cover (he may have done, I don't know) it still wouldn't have helped him. I didn't even bother with it when I had the VXR220 despite each clam costing £2500 to replace as it simply wasn't cost-effective.

Sorry, but got to disagree here.

If Greekman was to have an insurance repair on the damage to his car it would be very close to a total loss.

The new parts alone would be well over £6000. As well as the obvious, if that was my car I would be wanting 2 new wheels and tyres and the deployed air bag is not cheap to replace.

Also it is not always black and white on the track and serious damage can occur to your car through no fault of your own or other drivers. Fluids for instance getting dropped can cause all sorts of problems usually resulting in very expensive repairs when you hit the tyrewall. Just my 2 cents. :)

I usually take it out, although I will always drive within the limits of myself and the car, 1. mis takes can happen, 2. as zmanalex said, fluids are a big issue, on monday a oil burner diesel dropped diesel all around the same corner chris went off, I know as i was behind it when it was covering my car :rant: 3. Mechanical failures, Someone on here had a top mount break at high speed, I had a brake hose burst in july @ 130mph towards paddock hill. There are so many things other than your own driving skill that can cause an accident on track

Buy insurance unless you can afford to replace your car when you track it

If Greekman was to have an insurance repair on the damage to his car it would be very close to a total loss.

The new parts alone would be well over £6000. As well as the obvious, if that was my car I would be wanting 2 new wheels and tyres and the deployed air bag is not cheap to replace.

Really? Wow, doesn't look that bad from the photo, guess I got that a bit wrong then! :oops:

Hey, each to their own, I can see why some people are bothered but it doesn't even cross my mind when on track. That said, I can run pretty fast when I want to so heaven help anyone who smacks into me! :lol:

• 3 months later...

Thought I'd resurrect this thread rather than start a new one....

So, I know single day track insurance isn't worth the paper its written on in terms of MAHOOOSIVE excess and what it will and won't cover.

But what insurance companies do we know of that are happy to add non-competitive track insurance to their standard policies?

I know Competition Car Insurance will do an everyday policy with a specified number of track days added on - i.e " up to six days a year" - anyone else know of other companies that will do the same?