Car Update for those who missed it at JAE ..

steve_jones

Guest prescience
Do they have to have headlamp washers to pass? :wacko:

This has been discussed quite a few times in the past, regulations quoted etc. The general consenus is NO, they are not part of the MoT but are technically required by EU law - so they should not fail an MoT on this.

AFAIk no-one has ever been failed for this and if it became an issue at one MoT place, I would take mine to another :)

No .., defo dont need washers for MOT (not part of MOT inspection ), BUT JDM ones do, to pass initial SVA, most just swop bulbs to get through SVA then revert back to original system..

No .., defo dont need washers for MOT (not part of MOT inspection ), BUT JDM ones do, to pass initial SVA, most just swop bulbs to get through SVA then revert back to original system..

I didn't think this was true - but I've just done a detailed search of the dvla site and can't find the testing rules, so you may be right.

I didn't think this was true - but I've just done a detailed search of the dvla site and can't find the testing rules, so you may be right.

I am an MOT tester (all be it for motorcycles ! but we get the same bumph through as for car testers) I am right :thumbs:

Guest prescience

Calling Valerio. You need to update the FAQ as above ;)

And while you're about it, make the format nice and consistent with the others i.e. FAQ: :angry::lol: :lol:

I don't know, if a job's worth doing :p

Calling Valerio. You need to update the FAQ as above ;)

And while you're about it, make the format nice and consistent with the others i.e. FAQ: :angry::lol: :lol:

I don't know, if a job's worth doing :p

post how you want it updated and I'll do it, very busy atm so thank me i've put something in it in the first place :bleh: