Help! Driver's seat won't recline backwards

sasha@lazytrips

Hi,

I have a little problem. The driver's seat won't recline backwards BUT will recline forwards and move back and forth. It is now reclined waaaay too far forward to be driveable and I was wondering what the problem could be. I checked underneath the seat and played around with all the connectors which all seem fine. The fuse box seems fine. Could it be the switch? If so, is there anything I can do before the morning to be able to drive it?

Thanks,

Sasha

Ok so assuming you have leccie seats here? The only way is to unbolt the seat from the floor and check if anything is trapped in the gear machanism. Do nit under any circumstances force anything. Worse case you need to remove the motor to release the mechanism although I don't know what it looks like underneath maybe Alex has a schematic. The other thing is to gently tap the base incase something has fallen in the gear or try to remove the switch - unplug replug or switch the switches so to speak with the other one just to test the switch. Be careful !! :surrender:

Ok so assuming you have leccie seats here? The only way is to unbolt the seat from the floor and check if anything is trapped in the gear machanism. Do nit under any circumstances force anything. Worse case you need to remove the motor to release the mechanism although I don't know what it looks like underneath maybe Alex has a schematic. The other thing is to gently tap the base incase something has fallen in the gear or try to remove the switch - unplug replug or switch the switches so to speak with the other one just to test the switch. Be careful !! :surrender:

Thanks for this. Will try to give it a go. Will test the switch first to make sure it's not that, then see if I can play with the motor bit.

Thanks for this Zmanalex, BUT I've just fixed it :)

Took the whole thing apart, got to the motor. For some unknown reason (I didn't do anything to it) the gear thing wasn't lined up properly and was at an angle. So it could pull one way, but not the other. I first thought the power was cut to it as it wasn't even making a tiny noise, but the power was there.

All it took once I got to that stage was a few whacks of a big heavy spanner and it went back into place. Put it all back together and it works :)

Hurrah!