JAE aftershow...

Big thanks to all at JAE.

Val & Martin for arranging event, (great slot for fireworks and bar access)

Cris for having the club in the first place,

Liam & Bob for all that food and cooking,

Jacko for beer.

All others for the great company and really enjoyable weekend.

Looked really impressive with so many of us there.

Sorry I did not have anything as thought we where going out that night.

Regards

Steve

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for everyone for turning up. I really enjoyed the Saturday and only wished I could of been there for the Sunday but unfortunately Karen was working from 8am Sunday morning. Nice to meet everyone and looking forward to next years.

Jacko I should of cut your visa card up to stop temptation.

Also like say thank you to Chris & Val for their hard efforts in promoting the forum and to Martin for the T-shirts :thumbs:

great weekend!

Highlights of the weekend:

1- Jacko buying £1800 worth of wheels

2- Jacko wanting to get the Do-Luck kit (£££Â£)

3- Jacko for needing 4 people to put up a tent (photographic proof in the gallery :lol:)

4- The Skip

5- The Tornado

6- The Fireworks just above our heads (and some nearly at the same height :lol: )

7- The polo shirts

8- the site sticker on the pink Z B)

and much more

:teeth:B):teeth:

Hi chaps,

Yeah it was a fantastic weekend, was really good to meet some more new peoples faces from names on here! :thumbs:

In response for Val's offensive comments! ;)

1) Oh poo..... I've done it again! :teeth: - It was Liam's fault as he twisted my arms.....

2) That was Val's fault. But I defo know what kit I want in about 5 years when pay everything else off! :blush:

3) I knew we should have tested that tent. Anyway, I was just supervising and getting Liam to do some work for a change!

6) Sitting RIGHT UNDER the fireworks was fantastic...... I kept expecting to get a burnt out rocket on my head!

8) How cool, to get our nice little stickers on the Sumo drift car, right under the driver's name! :thumbs:

And for my own little note, thanks for Martin for all his hard work, letting me play photographer for 15 mins with his very nice expensive camera (another thing I want now :headhurt:). Thanks to Bob, the forum BBQ chef! ...... top work fella, I was stuffed for ages. Thanks to Chris & Val for setting everything up. Thanks to Mike and Mark (Max) for letting me use their products (as I couldn't fit any in the car) after everyone cleaner their cars, so I had too......

Oh and thanks to Liam for his wheel advisory service!

The weather was a bit interesting, but to say how bad it went on that Sat afternoon, then at least we escaped without incident!

Good to meet some of the guys who I've not met before, too many to mention but everyone was great :D

Sure will remember more later and post pics up when I can resize etc....

More wheels???? :wacko: Explain yourself!

More wheels???? :wacko: Explain yourself!

Ermmmmm I can't explain. I'm stupid :blush: ..... the lovely GT-C's are still on their way, but I've ordered some of my first loves (which I'll show you when they arrive)...... so will be looking for a home for the GT-C's when they turn up.

A fellow forum member has first dibs on them, but if not then will be offered out again.

I can't help myself. Please take this car away from me so I don't spend anymore money! :teeth:

hi every one,

just arrived home hope you had a good day sunday,i was sorry we could not stop but i had to treat karen on sunday, so took her to the gardens used by the bbc at barnsdale, got in her good books after shouting at her saturday night when she tried to drive over a kerb forwards (no danage done).thanks to every one we had a stonking weekend and look forward to the next one,covered 480 miles. 24.9 to the gallon with an average speed of 44.7 (how slow).

max(mark).

Cheers for letting me park up on your pitch and then buggering off for the whole day. Glad to get my hands dirty pushing a skip around, too. Honest!

BTW, that's an appalling MPG! I got 27mpg out of mine going home and I have a supercharger fitted.

Guest prescience

BTW, that's an appalling MPG! I got 27mpg out of mine going home and I have a supercharger fitted.

NO, that's a disgrace, clearly your cog belt must be disconnected mustn't it :rant:

Did anyone notice the girl walking round the JAE on sunday with the obviously fake norks wearing a small bikini top? I heard the guy on the autoglym trade stand offer to polish them for her. Dont think her boyfriend was to impressed with this offer.

Hi Max,

Glad you and Karen had a good weekend.

Quick question - you said (no danage done) is this a northern (Barrow) term? what does it mean? :D

I looked it up on Google and there are many references to "danage" but no description - seems it is a widely used term.

By the way, did you like your Lager and Mark? I still havn't figured thata one out either!

Hi me and the other half had a great day on sat , first time to JAE and i cant wait till next year .

Thanks to Val,Chris,Martain and ever body that turned up for making it a great day .

Sorry for leaving early when the storm started but we waitied for a while but when it didnt ease off i decided to set of for home (4hr drive back to home plus back at work at 5am sunday morning )

Hope to see you all again soon

:thumbs:

ah yes, then it was only those who were camping, as the 1 dayers had already gone home :)

Yeah we prob only had about 8 cars left at that point..... post storm, post lighweights going off to the hotel ;)

NO, that's a disgrace, clearly your cog belt must be disconnected mustn't it :rant:

ha ha

No - put it in 6th - select 83mph on the cruise - leave it there - 27mpg average no problems.