Center Parcs BIKES

Pimm

I am going to Center Parcs next week for a few days with family and I want to take my own mountain bike so I do not need to hire a crappy bike and I am happy on my own.

The wife is worried that it may get damaged while we are in the pool area or a resturant ect...

Is there safe places to lock your own bike up or is it a free for all and throw them anywhere you like type thing as I have never been before.

Cheers :D

There are bike parks out the front of most of the main buildings, but I would suggest you lock down anything removable or remove it (quick release seat/wheels etc). Most people there are genuine, but there are scroatz about :boxing:

I went there as a child and got a hire bike. The brakes were a bit dodgy, so I swapped it for someone elses. Then proceeded to spend the week swapping bikes in the search for the ultimate centre parks bike.

So if im anything to go by, lock it up and take off anything that isnt bolted on!

i recently went with my girlfriend and her family, in the space of three days, my bike and my grirlfriends dads bike were nicked!!

Her dads one though, i have to admit, wasnt locked at the time but mine definatly was.

Luckily they were hire bikes, when we told member of staff what had happened they said not to worry and that it happens all the time!

So whether it would be wise to take your personal one or not i dont know.......

Jak

I went there as a child and got a hire bike. The brakes were a bit dodgy, so I swapped it for someone elses. Then proceeded to spend the week swapping bikes in the search for the ultimate centre parks bike.

So if im anything to go by, lock it up and take off anything that isnt bolted on!

:lol::lol::lol:

i was about to post saying that it seemed quite safe with nice ppl when i went to centreparcs!