Forza 3

Shaun1982

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't look as good as GT5P for me as it's far too shiny and clean, however the physics and (especially) the racing AI lifts it far above any other racing game I've ever played, including F2. Watching two AI cars scrap for the lead and then take each other out into the gravel doesn't get boring :D

I just wish they'd paid for some decent menu music, as the supplied stuff is utter dirge :thumbdown:

I rented this last night as i hated the Forza 2, and i've just been on it for a couple of hours. The FWD cards handle perfectly, but they got the zed handling wrong imo.

Nice game, but i wish Need for Speed shift had the same handling as this, as i cant see the point of Forza? What are you supposed to do?

I rented this last night as i hated the Forza 2, and i've just been on it for a couple of hours. The FWD cards handle perfectly, but they got the zed handling wrong imo.

Give it a chance, if you can. The FWD cars seemed awful to me on first play, but when I started being a bit more subtle with them I found they're a delight: Getting the nose to pitch in under light braking was a beautiful thing. The MR/FR cars will feel radically different, and it can take some adjustment, but then it does in real life so I think they've got it spot-on.

Just to prove what an incredibly sad bastard I am, I bought a 350Z on there then added power to bring it to MY06 levels, put some decent rubber on, sorted the brakes, did the chassis, and then fiddled with the suspension settings until it was a carbon copy of my own car as I've got a printout that DMS did for me of my geo. With a wheel, it's just about as accurate as I expected it to be and handles like a dream. Stick with it, it's a sim not a twitchy arcade thing like NFS:S.

I bought a 350z aswell the same colour as mine,put the closest saet of Rotas on it & painted them black :lol:

Im sad though & put the dark(not sure if it is cf) bonnet on it,made the mirrors look like theyve got carbon covers on too. Only difference is its got a nismo kit on as i couldnt have a smoothed front etc like mine.lol.

Ive just hired a driver to do one of my focus RS races,suprisingly it won :scare:

The handling on it IMO is spot on. It does drive you mad at first as its very hard to drive the cars fast with a wheel, but once you set them up properly, its brill. What I have noticed is that if you upgrade a car loads the handling tends to go way off. You really need to set them up right.

I find the old Forza 2 setup calc very handy - http://www.croisened.com/

Anyone else spending all their time creating hella pretty paint jobs….? :blush:

Nope, spending all my time trying to get more money and buy nicer cars! My 370z is now an R3 spec and doesnt half shift. :drive1

Latest creation is a Lambo Reventon fully hopped up, but havent had a chance to race it yet. Damn you Eastenders and my missus :rant:

Nope, spending all my time trying to get more money and buy nicer cars! My 370z is now an R3 spec and doesnt half shift.

Painting brings wealth, as well as racing............. ;) Not quite as fun tho' :lol:

Haven’t got anything extravagant as yet, spending all my time drifting my S13 online atm...... loving it!!

We should get some 350z-uk racing on the go one night........ :thumbs:

Nope, spending all my time trying to get more money and buy nicer cars! My 370z is now an R3 spec and doesnt half shift.

Painting brings wealth, as well as racing............. ;) Not quite as fun tho' :lol:

Haven’t got anything extravagant as yet, spending all my time drifting my S13 online atm...... loving it!!

We should get some 350z-uk racing on the go one night........ :thumbs:

Would love to, but my XB360 doesnt go on the net :(

Its in part of the house that has no wired or wireless access and it doesnt like the net anyway :surrender:

You're missing out :p

I used to run a 30m LAN cable from my router downstairs to my xbox upstairs every time i played before i went wireless....... :lol:

Its in part of the house that has no wired or wireless access and it doesnt like the net anyway :surrender:

You're missing out :p

I used to run a 30m LAN cable from my router downstairs to my xbox upstairs every time i played before i went wireless....... :lol:

Did that in my old house. Eventually bought 100m of CAT5 cable and ran it out our study, into the garage, up to the loft and across to my room :teeth: No easy way of routing it in the new house. :thumbdown:

It would be easy enough to swap your broadband router for a wireless one and get a wireless adapter for your xbox.

R

Already have wireless, but the signal cant propagate through to the room. It already has a high gain antenna on it too ;) Its not for the will of not trying that I cant get it online ;)

Already have wireless, but the signal cant propagate through to the room. It already has a high gain antenna on it too ;) Its not for the will of not trying that I cant get it online ;)

Have you tried using a high gain atenna............?

I jest :lol: Perhaps you should think about moving tho'.........?