Lotus Evora Test Drive

narcotix

Well I came home today to find a letter from Lotus inviting me to test drive the new Evora in a few weeks ....

I'm not sure how they got my details but it's not far from me and luckily I have that week off work ....

I might just give it a go to see what all the fuss is about ... :D

Well I just spoke to someone to get booked in ... and they are gonna let me know in the next few days ...

Just checked the specs on the net and it's only got 276 BHP but is 200kgs lighter than the zed ... so should feel pretty fast ...

Hopefully they'll give me the opportunity to test drive it .... will let you know :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok just thought I'd give you my thoughts after driving an Evora for an hour ...

It's absolutely Brilliant! I hadn't expected it to be that nice a drive but I was very impressed :thumbs:

There's loads of power throughout the revs and it felt very light and agile .... It sticks to the road around bends and stops Very well ...

Overall I would have to say that it is an Excellent bit of kit ... I would recommend a test drive to anyone who has the opportunity ...

I've never really thought much of Lotus cars until now ... it's really changed my opinion!

:p

I still Love my Zed though! :yahoo:

Well the base model is around £47,000 .... so the answer would be No ... LoL ;)

But I'm sure the price will drop considerably after a year or two of use ...

It does have it's plus points though ... it does 33 mpg combined and around 25 around the city ... and it also falls into a lower tax bracket than the Zed so it wouldn't be £450 a year!

Better start saving those pennies ... :lol: