Bodyshop in kent

dan4

I may require a bodyshop to paint and possibly fit a spoiler/sideskirts i decide on in the near future, i am very picky with things like this and have recently noticed a few people posting up pictures of work they have had done which if im honest is shocking imho :thumbdown:

Things like colour match and gaps etc are important :thumbs: Does anyone have any recommendations with pics of the work they have done (be prepared for criticism though unless it looks perfect)

there have only been a few people post resently about work done, so i'm guessing i'm one of them.

fit of kits is only partly down to the bodyshop, if you buy some cheap crap, it doesn't matter how good the dodyshop is they'll never make it look perfect.

i personally have found a very good shop near me and their work is excellent. their ability to work with the materials, the quality fo the finish and the techniques they use is very important.

you can get a crap body shop to do a good finish that only lasts a short time. its a good shop that will do a quality job that will last.

might be worth PMing the people whos kits you do like and asking them where they got their work done.

there have only been a few people post resently about work done, so i'm guessing i'm one of them.

fit of kits is only partly down to the bodyshop, if you buy some cheap crap, it doesn't matter how good the dodyshop is they'll never make it look perfect.

i personally have found a very good shop near me and their work is excellent. their ability to work with the materials, the quality fo the finish and the techniques they use is very important.

you can get a crap body shop to do a good finish that only lasts a short time. its a good shop that will do a quality job that will last.

might be worth PMing the people whos kits you do like and asking them where they got their work done.

Without trying to offend yes it was a post that i viewed and i didnt like, i would be upset if it was mine but its not and if you are happy then who am i to say otherwise, again no offense is intended :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Fiddy il have a trawl through your pics, cheers

none taken dan,

pesonally i think the finish is good. the photos i took of the areas that hadn't been so good like the doorsill area and the small gap on the drivers side rear arch/skirt area. were more to show the issue with the skirts and possibly why its better to get originals not copies.

its difficult to show it, but the idea was to show what the bodyshop were able to do with it.

just out of interest, and no offence would be taken were those the areas that you felt weren't up to scratch, or were there others that you'd spotted that i hadn't

if you'd seen the bumper before they had it you'd see how much work had gone in to the front bumper. sadly i don't have any pics, as i can't find them on my profile. don't think i saved the ones from the original owner. but basically the front had been split under the skirt, and on the top of the fixings, it had chips, holes dents etc. and looked a real mess.

i wouldn't hesitate to reccomend Team AFM they did a good job with a cheap kit.

Il pm you, i dont want to cause offence to you or others :thumbs:

Out of interest who was the kit made by....?

I know things dont quite go to plan, i had a £500 genuine Whifbitz front on the supra and it took all day just to fit it and get it looking sweet :rant: I thought id pay for a genuine item and it would fit, sadly assuming gets you nowhere!

no worries i've pm'd you back, if you want your welcome to paste my answer on here, i'm more than happy with the work and the people who did it. :teeth: don't know anyone in the kent area but i think the ones that were recommended above come from good sources with high expectations of what they want out of the work carried out on their cars.

good luck in your search, and i hope it all goes well. look forward to seeing the pics :thumbs:

This is the standard id like but with an impecable paint finish as the guys that did this do not have great spraying facilities and hence dust particles were present in the paint. Both cars have had rear arches welded on and have then been sprayed accordingly

And before you answer "go back there then" one is my uncle in Northants and the other is a local friend and neither want to go near the Z as they know what im like with it :lol:

Photo343.jpg

Photo172.jpg

Hey dude,

travel to xquisite automotive in croydon, you wont regret it one bit.

they wont let a job out that is less than 110% perfect.

check their website www.xquisiteautomotive.com for proof of work

also they have just built my car and the quality is incredbile to say the least, plus the fact they churn out trophy winning cars and magazine cover cars left right and centre.

give them a call :)