Nismo clutch + fly?

Adriank

My clutch and fly i think are on their way out, i know a lot of people go for the Exedy street clutch and fidanza fly route, but i am wondering if anyone has tried the Nismo kit?

Nismo Sports Clutch Kit - 3000S-RSZ30-N or 3000S-RSZ30-E

nengun-1987-02-nismo-sports_clutch_kit.png

http://www.nismo.co.jp/en/products/comp ... ch05_2.pdf

The Nismo Sports Clutch kit upgrades the standard clutch kit for increased power handling and improved response.

Kit Includes

Sports Clutch Disk - Coppermix or Non-Asbestos Options

Sports Clutch Cover

Lightweight Flywheel

Flyhweel Bolt

OEM Nissan Release Bearing

Can any of the traders source these?

If you can whats your best price on the kit?

IIRC the Nismo fly wight isnt much less than the OEM dual mass, so dont expect much change in the acceleration of the car. The Fidanza is a lot lighter, but would be interesting to see how it compares to the Nismo :thumbs:

I've used it many times...nice setup for sure (Coppermix). I've never used the other version

The NISMO flywheel weighs about 10 lbs less than OEM, so it's a noticeable difference. It is the quietest one out there by virtue of the weight (still will make some noise vs stock) and since its a 1 piece unit, it can be resurfaced easily, without having to worry about changing the friction disk

350z-tech ( http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Flywheels ) lists it as 23lbs, and stock is 28lbs from what I've read, and Fidanza being 14lbs. What weight is the Nismo and stock really? I know the Fidanza is 14lbs as its the same value listed on their website.

actual weight - genuine = 29.9 lbs

NISMO = 21.6 lbs

inertial weight - genuine - 3.94 lbs

NISMO - 2.86 lbs

the lighter the flywheel, the quicker the engine revs, both up and down. However, it also means you need more revs when accelerating from a dead stop. The lighter units, by their nature, are noisier than heavier units, as mass acts as a damper of the noises.

Stick with the the Exedy and Fidanza Adrian. :thumbs:;):lol:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=27436

Any main reasons for this Alex, im only using the car for street / track days, so a relatively mild setup, but would be happy for it to have a bit more of a harsh clutch feel than standard.

I would have thought the Nismo item would be good, they are normally quality bits.

Any main reasons for this Alex, im only using the car for street / track days, so a relatively mild setup, but would be happy for it to have a bit more of a harsh clutch feel than standard.

I would have thought the Nismo item would be good, they are normally quality bits.

Adrian, only recommending the Exedy Clutch and Fidanza fly set up as I have them all in stock mate and all good to go next day. :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously mate, I doubt it there would be much difference between the Nismo and the Exedy/Fidanza combo.

The Exedy has a stock feel to it and is ideal for your requirments as will the Nismo probably but I have no experience of the Nismo.

I have sold literally hundreds of the Exedy / Fidanza kits with no complaints.

Alex.

Nismo will be good am sure... but arnt you better to find the company that makes the Nismo one as I would be pretty sure they dont make it themselves... and just brand it ;)

350z-tech ( http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Flywheels ) lists it as 23lbs, and stock is 28lbs from what I've read, and Fidanza being 14lbs. What weight is the Nismo and stock really? I know the Fidanza is 14lbs as its the same value listed on their website.

NISMO = 21.6 lbs

NISMO - 2.86 lbs

the lighter the flywheel, the quicker the engine revs, both up and down. However, it also means you need more revs when accelerating from a dead stop. The lighter units, by their nature, are noisier than heavier units, as mass acts as a damper of the noises.

Nice one Adam... Just goes to prove you cant read everything you read on there! Esp when lots of it need updating!!

NISMO = 21.6 lbs

NISMO - 2.86 lbs

Nice one Adam... Just goes to prove you cant read everything you read on there! Esp when lots of it need updating!!

Yup, thats why I asked for clarification as I knew he would know the real numbers. :thumbs:

Go with the Nismo Ad, we need people to try out new things. Get it done and we can compare at a Reading meet ;)

Noones come back to me with a price yet chris, so far this puts me at a dead end for buying one!

Can Adam not do them? I thought there wasnt anything this man couldnt get :teeth:

But if you havent recieved any prices, how do you know it works out about the same as Alex's combo?

OOO that's changed a tad since i looked at it yesterday :-p

It was your site and some american ones that had it around £620 for the normal and £670 for the COPPERMIX.

Be interested to see what sort of price Adam can do them at.

It was your site and some american ones that had it around £620 for the normal and £670 for the COPPERMIX.

Thats what happens when the exchange rate changes and prices arent always up to date :scare:

Still you get the Nismo, I want to see what its like :teeth:B)

I changed quite a few prices on Tuesday/Wednesday at the exchange rate has tanked unfortunately :(