XP Password Cracker

Spaceman

A client a while back sent me back a Dell XP Netbook that he had on test.

Problem is his employee who was using put a password on it and no one knows what it is and im stuck. as i cant boot it from disc as there is no disk drive in it also don't have a separate drive that i can plug in.

Anbody have a trick to get round this :wacko:

try this mate:

When you or anyone installs Windows XP for the first time your

asked to put in your username and up to five others.

Now, unknownst to a lot of other people this is the only place in

Windows XP that you can password the default Administrator Diagnostic

Account. This means that to by pass most administrators accounts

on Windows XP all you have to do is boot to safe mode by pressing F8

during boot up and choosing it. Log into the Administrator Account

and create your own or change the password on the current Account.

This only works if the user on setup specified a password for the

Administrator Account.

This has worked for me on both Windows XP Home and Pro.

:thumbs:

The above usually works for consumer PCs where OEMs set the Administrator password to nothing (ie leave it blank). If thats the case you can do the above. but if its a company machine and been set up right, the Administrator password will likely be set. You can do this in non-safe mode but I forget how you select it with the Playskool GUI. I think Ctrl-Alt-Del at login :thumbs:

restart your pc and then continually press F8 this will boot up the system in safe mode

once you have booted in safe mode you will be into windows

go into the control panel and select user accounts then from there you should be able to change the password of any account you want

The above usually works for consumer PCs where OEMs set the Administrator password to nothing (ie leave it blank). If thats the case you can do the above. but if its a company machine and been set up right, the Administrator password will likely be set. You can do this in non-safe mode but I forget how you select it with the Playskool GUI. I think Ctrl-Alt-Del at login :thumbs:

Almost ;)

Ctrl-Alt-Del twice at the logon screen :)

Cheers,

Andy

Almost ;)

Ctrl-Alt-Del twice at the logon screen :)

Cheers,

Andy

Not a bad for a guess having not used the playskool login for over 3yrs :lol::teeth: