Nismo V2 spoiler and the boot staying open

cmmd11483

Hello All,

My JDM came with the nismo V2 spoiler fitted. Great but because of the extra weight the boot won't pop open when I press the button or stay open when it's up, it's a massive pain in the arse. Does anyone know of any solutions or better gas struts that can be fitted.

I've heard that there is a ballast in the boot lid for cars that come without the factory spoiler, I've had a look but can't see anything?

I removed what was left of the ballast, didn't seem very heavy. I suspect this was just the bracket for the already removed counterweight. Anyway it made no difference whatsoever.

Any of the traders have any offerings for new gas struts? ZMANALEX etc?

Thanks

I am in contact with a company in the UK who may be able to re-gas the existing struts for £35 or supply uprated items for £64. Both scenarios will involve sending the struts to them for either re-gassing or fitment of new struts to the existing brackets.

I'll update when I know more.

I am in contact with a company in the UK who may be able to re-gas the existing struts for £35 or supply uprated items for £64. Both scenarios will involve sending the struts to them for either re-gassing or fitment of new struts to the existing brackets.

I'll update when I know more.

iNTERESTING :teeth: