Sprayed my rear lights....again!

Bundus

So I finally got around to tinting my rear lights once again after the last lot gradually came off lol. This time I decided to go darker and I actually bothered to put clear laquer on to so it should last forever now. Laquer still needs a final polish to bring out the real shine but overall Im pleased with the result.

I used a tine spray made by Savage and the only thing I would say is that if you want to go as dark as me I's order some VHT Nite Shades from the US. This stuff was ok but I had to use 2 cans of it to get to where they are now. Its very fine and is literally a "tint" like it says on the tin but for me I wanted dark and VHT is much better for that.

Pictures are from my phone - will take some better quality ones once I have buffed them up a little.

Before

DSC01601.jpg

After

Image0013.jpg

Before

DSC01604-1.jpg

After

Image0011.jpg

Yeah they are the original lights and the old style so they are non led's. The light shines through no problem at all (although I know from the pics it looks as though it wouldnt).

Ill take some pics when I get home of the lights on and the brake light too.

I kinda like them red or black but I think with my aggressive front end the rear was looking a little tame - this has helped balance things out a bit ;)

Very dangerous imho as the original MY03 rears are not the best as it is. Followed :shutup: in Wales once who had the same set up, i could hradly see them in the daylight :headhurt:

Point taken and if I considered them to be dangerous I wouldnt have them on there. The break light shines through fine. Granted the side lights arent going to be as bright in the day as they were before but its not illegal to have your lights off during the day so Im not too bothered if the lights arent as bright. Its the break lights that count and I wouldnt put these lights on my car if the break lights were impaired to the point of being dangerous.

If you are concerned Andy just get some LED replacement bulbs for the OEM bulb holders from someone like ultraleds.co.uk, Cant remember what type of bulbs are used in the OEM ones i think the are t20 wedges arent they?

PS i think they look really good, really makes the rear end look mean to match up with the thunderous noise of the RSR's!!!

PPS, Would you consider doing the indicator clusters aswell?

Dan

Cheers guys.

Yeah Dan I think with the RSR's bellowing out I needed something to make the rear end look a bit more mean :lol:

Thats my thoughts exactly Taddy - normally I wouldnt go for a rear wing (or tinted lights for that matter) but I think with the direction the Zed is headed these things do work well. When you compare the rear to the front (pic below) it really does need a little something more.

DSC01727.jpg

Got a couple of pics for you with the brake lights on. I think they shine through fine and seeing as how we have the third brake light too I dont think anyone is not going to see my lights. If I start having trouble then Ill definitely look into those led's.

Image0017.jpg

Image0018.jpg

The brightness looks ok in those photos. I'm not really sure if i like them though, they look a bit tacky in the photos but like many mods would maybe look better in real life.

Yeah they do look much better in the flesh as they have a shine to them that I couldnt pick up on my camera phone. Ill try and get some better photos up tomorrow but Im sure they still wont be to many peoples taste.

I did the same as you but not so dark. And it was me in wales which had the totally blacked out tail lights which were dangerous :scare:

IMAG0063-1.jpg

But having tried all types of uprated led bulbs i couldn't get them to shine through any brighter so i ditched them and sprayed my own. All i wanted was to take off the harsh red tint and leave them so plenty of light could shine through.

So this is how they are now

DSC00030.jpg

DSC00034.jpg

I brought them like it.....but they must of been totally illegal as hardly any light shone through...looked good though B)

Ahhh fair play. The light tint you've gone for is nice. Really does take the edge off with the red lights - especially when our paint schemes are predominantly silver and black.

Cheers Taddy

That looks awesome on your car. The black tints on the black paintwork look superb. Im not sure it would look so good tinting the indicators on my blade zed but ill definitely give it some thought.

Thanks mate - im loving the ings kit too. Just think I need a wing now :lol:

smoked old style rear lights should be banned. Very dangerous. I've been behind a couple of Z's with them and refused to stay behind.

+1 Just as i said in a previous post.

And it was me in wales which had the totally blacked out tail lights which were dangerous :scare:

Your not the person i was relating too nurrish, i was referring to val a long time ago. His were terrible. :surrender:

But these light do cause a real problem for those attending the drive outs. :blush:

Cheers Taddy

That looks awesome on your car. The black tints on the black paintwork look superb. Im not sure it would look so good tinting the indicators on my blade zed but ill definitely give it some thought.

Thanks mate - im loving the ings kit too. Just think I need a wing now :lol:

cheers mate ;)

hows the wing hunt coming on?

M13KYF wrote:

smoked old style rear lights should be banned. Very dangerous. I've been behind a couple of Z's with them and refused to stay behind.

ive had an MOT inspection on my car with these lights at nissan and even asked the machanic and he said it was fine! tho they may look dark on my car, possibly because its black, they have only had two very thin coats and work perfectly fine!!!!! if i thought for even a second that they didn't then it would be removed!!!!!!!