Fluid Change!

Alpinestar

Hey Guys,

Had a service done last week by Nissan Swindon and yesterday I found that my handbrake warning light was coming on during braking. Also, the traction control light came on telling me the system was turned off, and the other light came on (the little skiddy car one). After checking some posts on here I checked my brake fluid level......It was way below the minimum mark! Thanks Nissan Swindon, you are fantastic, great service, lol! :thumbdown:

I have now topped up the system using Halfords "universal" brake fluid, and all is now well, lights have all gone out. I'm a bit concerned about using the Halfords stuff as it might not be the same as what Nissan put in there on the service. I have now decided to have the fluid changed (just for my peace of mind.) and while I am at it, get the hoses changed for braided ones.

Can anyone recommend a decent fluid? I have EBC Turbo Grooves all round with Yellowstuff pads (nice 1 CS!). Oh, and braided hoses? HEL, Goodridge, are they all the same?

Chris.

Oh, and braided hoses? HEL, Goodridge, are they all the same?

I got HEL lines on mine (thanks CS) and after talking to Dixon at DMS (who is also a HEL dealer) I was told that the HEL lines are better than Goodridge because the hose finishers on Goodridge lines are steel as opposed to the HEL lines that have stainless steel finishers.

In the long run the steel ones will corrode and fail.

I did, and I had a word :rant: . "Oh, sorry, we cant do it till thursday....." Marvelous, lol

Sorry thats not good enough. They left your car in a dangerous state and you have done a temporary fix. They need to fully redo the fluid, free of charge and as soon as is suitable for you. I'd give Nissan GB a call and see what they say about it. Low fluid level is dangerous and could have caused a serious accident :rant:

When I went in yesterday (Saturday) there was only a "temp" manning the service desk and aparrently there were no technicians in to speak to. I think a trip back in there tomorrow morning for a proper word will be good. It certainly was pretty dangerous. When I checked, the fluid level was about 10mm below the minimum mark (I just wish I'd have thought to take a photo.)

Fish Brothers Nissan, Swindon. One for the "No" list I think :angry: