Nismo S-tune Carbon Fibre Engine Cover

equibs

Hi gents,

I would like to know who will be interested in the Nismo style carbon fibre engine cover? It will look VERY SIMILAR (don't wanna say exactly as there will be no nismo badge on it) to the one on S-tune S1 and S2 engine package...

You will only be able to get that engine cover if you have your engine built in Japan by Nismo...

I would like to know who is interested in this piece before we start working on the prototype and production... We are looking at the price which will be a tad more than what's available in the market (standard shape)...

I will be likely to offer two types too....

Option 1. Entirely in BLACK CF

Option 2. Centre part will be in Silver and the rest is in Black CF

Here are some pictures for gents who don't know what I am talking about! And will work on a similar nismo badge too if we have time!!!

cover1.jpg

cover3.jpg

cover5.jpg

With Black CF at the centre

cover4.jpg

Let me know which one looks better to you... option 1 or option 2!

cheers,

richie

Don't hesitate to buy stuff from Richie as the quality is great! I have some parts from him waiting in the garage to be installed after I come back from holidays!!!

Thanks for promoting our services and products Mathys! We always look after our clients!!! :D

I will keep you gents updated with a final price when the production day comes closer!!! Always get so excited whenever a new product is going to be released soon by myself! :thumbs:

cheers,

richie

Don't hesitate to buy stuff from Richie as the quality is great! I have some parts from him waiting in the garage to be installed after I come back from holidays!!!

Thanks for promoting our services and products Mathys! We always look after our clients!!! :D

I will keep you gents updated with a final price when the production day comes closer!!! Always get so excited whenever a new product is going to be released soon by myself! :thumbs:

cheers,

richie

By the way Richie, do you do those Radiator covers that you seen on ebay etc? You know to ease the airflow into the radiator. They sit just on top of the lip of the bumper under bonnet?

Jacko,

We used to have that, but since the old manufacturer closed down, I didn't look for another supplier... but I am sure I can source that... will keep you posted!

Actually if you look closely on the design of the stock bonnet, you don't really need that piece though... it is more for a show than really doing the job it is said to do... one of my test cars has one installed and I reckon the temperature under the bonnet is actually hotter though once you open the hood (a bit harder to find the latch to open the hood too)... but it surely looks really good!

cheers,

richie

• 1 month later...

gents,

Here are the prototype pictures... (clay model) and we can go into production anytime now providing that the shape is what we want! ;)

Sorry for the delay... because the camera was broken and finally got around to get one! ;)

"V6 3.5" at the centre piece will not be there on the production pieces and that centre piece will be made with silver fibre... let me know what you gents think!

nismo1.jpg

nismo2.jpg

nismo3.jpg

cheers,

richie

Richie, just a quick scan but I just thought, that looks very much like the standard one, but is going to be CF....

Why don't you offer them or just do them with a big Zed logo (similar to the badges that we all put on the cars) rather than the Nissan badge? Would just look so much nicer?

Just an idea, I know it might be a bit late now but just thought of it...... :headhurt:

• 2 weeks later...

OK..... another update...

We have changed the previous one a bit... and of course it is not finished yet... still working on it... we will have an even better design tomorrow night!!! We are going to make the middle part slight larger at the far end towards the plenum (exactly the same as the nismo piece) and make the whole engine cover surface better and slightly rounder at both end... then we are done... Here are some updated teasing pictures for you guys...

nismo_new1.jpg

nismo_new2.jpg

nismo_new3.jpg

cheers,

richie

• 2 months later...

Roger and gents...

I have got the samples and finally found some free time myself to test fit it on my car... This sample does not have a clear coat on, just something for me to test fit it, so we will know what size spacers to make to go underneath the front 2 holes... the reason for not making those front 2 holes that deep is because we don't want to mess up the CF weave... Nismo engine cover is actually constructed by several pieces (Dry CF process with steel moulds), you will be able to see that from those CF weave patterns in the pics, that is also why the front 2 holes are quite deep without affecting the CF weave on the rest of the engine cover...

Here are some quick photos I took this afternoon... enjoy them!

test_fit1.jpg

test_fit2.jpg

test_fit3.jpg

cheers,

richie