P0037.. i hate you

danZman

Ok,

My car has a cel reading P0037.

This is supposed to be bank 1 sensor 2 failure.

I have spent best part of £500 quid getting it diagnosed, replacing the CAT and sensor (because the sensor was stuck in the cat) and getting it all fitted.

Got it fitted yesterday, went home, performed the CEL light clearer thingy (by pressing the pedals) and it was gone. Went on a 20 mile drive and it didnt come back.

This morning, started the car, bang, straight away it was back. :bang::bang::bangin::bangin::angry::rant::doh:

Are the sensors really required? Alot of exhausts come with de-cats, surely it doesn't effect your fuel / air ratio that much if people use these things for years and years.

I have no idea what to try next.

Help!

ECU reset not battery disconnect,

the battery disconnect won't gaurentee ECU reset.

if its the lamda sensors, an anti fouler might cure the issue.

Oh ok, in that case I have already performed the ECU reset.

I have anti fouler already in place for this sensor. Still have the problem.

I am in sittingbourne, which is North Kent.

I did try purchasing a ODB2 reader but the bloke that sold it to me lied and said it read JOBD when it didnt.

If anyone is local and has one to hand I would be appreciative.

Give Warren from Kai Performance a call (based in Aylesford) 01622 718088 - tell him I recommended you (Dave) - he'll sort you out :thumbs:

This is the same problem I had, and as of this week still have :angry:

Nissan have done the following under my 2 year warranty:

They have consulted Nissan UK and now they have ordered a brand new ECU for me..@£1300+vat!!! :scare:

Brand new front sensors@ £144 each :scare:

Spacers for the rear sensors

ECU reset icl ecu learning

Numerous testing, all of which shows the parts to be working correctly, all DTC ok and no fault.

But now not even driving at speed will trigger this error, something as simple as reversing out of my drive or pulling away from a parking space will set it off!!

I have High flow cats

5zigen exhaust

Plenum spacer

:thumbdown:

This is the same problem I had, and as of this week still have :angry:

Nissan have done the following under my 2 year warranty:

They have consulted Nissan UK and now they have ordered a brand new ECU for me..

Brand new front sensors@ £144 each :scare:

Spacers for the rear sensors

ECU reset icl ecu learning

Numerous testing, all of which shows the parts to be working correctly, all DTC ok and no fault.

But now not even driving at speed will trigger this error, something as simple as reversing out of my drive or pulling away from a parking space will set it off!!

I have High flow cats

5zigen exhaust

Plenum spacer

:thumbdown:

Christ.....

That must have cost a few bob for them!

Its not good to hear this, sounds like im gonna be fighting forever to get my ecu light to go out.

Im half tempted to install 2 electronic O2 sensor simulators for the rear sensors and be done with it.

Apparently only the front 2 sensors determine the fuel / air ratio and have any effect on your engine. In which Nissan fed me a load of Bolo**s saying I needed to get mine fixed quickly to prevent engine damage.

If all the rear sensors do is tell you if your saving the environment or not. I'm not interested in spending serious money on it.