A simple guide to car detailing

Dave

Yeah its one of those things which is obvious 'how to' once you get going :)

If theres any chance of damaging my zed, I'm sure to find :wacko:

May give it a go, but my cars only 12 weeks old so might not actually see much benefit :surrender:

Sarnie may only have been registered 12 weeks ago ,but its been standing around in a compound somewhere for years :p

Oy! Dont say that!* :byebye:

*swiftly opens the clay bar wrapping and filling up a bucket as we speak :yahoo:

(mind you as though I have to ask :surrender: )

Whats that supposed to mean? :boxing:

it means it will need wild horses to stop you posting :headhurt:

May give it a go, but my cars only 12 weeks old so might not actually see much benefit :surrender:

Sarnie may only have been registered 12 weeks ago ,but its been standing around in a compound somewhere for years :p

*swiftly opens the clay bar wrapping and filling up a bucket as we speak :yahoo:

Says you! :p My posts are becoming more informative. Slightly :yahoo:

Says you! :p My posts are becoming more informative. Slightly :yahoo:

Really :headhurt::p

Told you clay bar was awesome stuff.

If anyone else has any questions either pm or post them on here and i will and maybe others try get round and answer asap.

Hope to of turned some of you into cleaning whores ;)

Told you clay bar was awesome stuff.

If anyone else has any questions either pm or post them on here and i will and maybe others try get round and answer asap.

Hope to of turned some of you into cleaning whores ;)

yep got round to doing all the car this evening , very pleasant job in the late sunshine :thumbs:

car really does look awesome , I just cant believe rubbing a bit of putty over the body made so much difference :)

Guest prescience

Agreed lovely evening so wash, rinse, wash, rinse, dry, clay bar, wash, rinse, dry, Z6 detail.

Z2/Z5 polish tomorrow morning early :p

Guest prescience
no, car is fine, the nuts arent! :lol: if stupid nissan 2p bolts and nuts weren't seized, we'd have done the lot in one afternoon! :dry:

if it were always easy Val, there be no need for mechanics :blush:

or surgeons

Guest prescience
task IS easy ffs, with a bit of luck with not finding anything seized, we could have pulled it off! :teeth:

What on earth were you and Liam up to :scare::yuck:

no, car is fine, the nuts arent! :lol: if stupid nissan 2p bolts and nuts weren't seized, we'd have done the lot in one afternoon! :dry:

or surgeons

You heard the one about the mechanic thats repairing a surgeons car , and he says how come I only earn £20K a year and you earn £120K a year .. I work on engines that require years of training and dedication to keep them running well

The surgeon replies , yes quite correct I have to do the same type of work.. but the trick is I have to keep the engine running while I,m repairing em!! Bom Bom

• Like 1

or surgeons

You heard the one about the mechanic thats repairing a surgeons car , and he says how come I only earn £20K a year and you earn £120K a year .. I work on engines that require years of training and dedication to keep them running well

The surgeon replies , yes quite correct I have to do the same type of work.. but the trick is I have to keep the engine running while I,m repairing em!! Bom Bom

Stick to motorbikes :thumbdown:

:p

or surgeons

Stick to motorbikes :thumbdown:

:p

I,ll get me coat :surrender:

Just a small question about the claybar after reading all this stuff. Do you have to throw it away after using it once, ie can you use it multiple times? Is it better to divide into small pieces so you can throw them away after a treatment?

And which tire dressing spray/..... do you use which doesn't go all over your wheel and gives it a nice ( not too extreme shiny) look for quite a while?

Appreciate all your inputs in this thread, tnx a million!

Just a small question about the claybar after reading all this stuff. Do you have to throw it away after using it once, ie can you use it multiple times? Is it better to divide into small pieces so you can throw them away after a treatment?

And which tire dressing spray/..... do you use which doesn't go all over your wheel and gives it a nice ( not too extreme shiny) look for quite a while?

Appreciate all your inputs in this thread, tnx a million!

I take it as you can reuse it, I certainly have, as I gave the missus car a going over with it this evening :scare: Got to say it looks stunning ! Well as stunning as a Hyundai Coupe can :headhurt: I always use silicone spray on the sidewalls then rub over with a rag so as its not too shiney

claybar: divide it in small bits, flatten it with your hands then rub it while lubricating. once it's dirty, squash it, make a little ball and then flatten it again, you'll see it's clean and you can use it again. Maybe a couple of panels per claybar bit.

tyre gloss: just tried the Meguiars one, VERY good, lasts very long too and smells gorgeous! B)

claybar: divide it in small bits, flatten it with your hands then rub it while lubricating. once it's dirty, squash it, make a little ball and then flatten it again, you'll see it's clean and you can use it again. Maybe a couple of panels per claybar bit.

tyre gloss: just tried the Meguiars one, VERY good, lasts very long too and smells gorgeous! B)

are you sponsered by Meguiars Val, if not you must spend a bloody fortune with em? :p

are you sponsered by Meguiars Val, if not you must spend a bloody fortune with em? :p

I'm seriously thinking of asking for sponsorship money :lol:

I use the other tyre spray by Meguiars.

Called Hot Shine Tyre spray...... good stuff. :thumbs:

I spray a little on and then use a rag to even out as if you were spraying it all over then you'd end up with a car full of spray and a messy drive :)