New exhaust rquired

davyrobo

I have had a slight blow from my exhaust for a few weeks now which I was trying to ignore, fearful of my wallet being emptied. Anyway last night the situation became critical and after investigation I discovered that the pipe leading to the back box has completely severed at the flange. I am now in research mode in a bid to try and replace the exhaust as quickly, cheaply and wisely as possible. CAT back from nissan comes in around £600 + VAT so I think a stainless performance exhaust is in order. I know a local company who could make me a bespoke one or I could go the NISMO or other performance route. i am looking for advice. Can anyone help. Thanks in anticipation

I would love the NISMO any suggestion on where to buy. £1200 is quite steep though. I have seen them online from the states for around $1000 which sounds a bargain does anyone know if there would be problems with this

I'd have to guess the sites haven't updated their prices. I'd be surprised if you bought a Nismo for that much bud, but if you do let me know ;)

the exhaust breaking at the flange is a common problem with the 350z, mine went about 10 months ago, got it welded for £20 and touch wood it's still as good as new now :)

search for a powerflow dealer,used one at derby that i used on my previous car.

I have had the exhaust repaired at a cost of £69 but unfortunately the car is now quieter than it has ever been since I got it 2 years ago. It appears to have lost the lovely exhaust note it had before it started to blow. I think I am going to have to save my pennies and get a new performance exhaust.

I have the car booked in at a local stainless steel exhaust maker that I used on a previous car. He says he can repair it as the rest of the exhaust is fine. Going to give it a go, much less expensive.

Was it Stainless Creations in Falkirk that you used? If so, they do very good exhaust work and can be recommended for a variety of other work, too.

I have the car booked in at a local stainless steel exhaust maker that I used on a previous car. He says he can repair it as the rest of the exhaust is fine. Going to give it a go, much less expensive.

Was it Stainless Creations in Falkirk that you used? If so, they do very good exhaust work and can be recommended for a variety of other work, too.

No it was C + C stainless exhausts in hillington, glasgow. They have made an exhaust for me for a previous car, they do good work.

• 4 months later...