HEADLIGHT ALIGNMENT

mic-39

Hi all

I was driving home last night and noticed my headlights were really not good. The beam was hitting the road approx 4m in front of the car :scare:

I pulled over, turned the lights off and on again and they were at a higher level and then slowly appeared to drop down again.

With HID lights the level seems to be adjusted automatically --where is this controlled from :wacko:

Other cars i have owned had a knob with 2 or 3 settings for headlight level--it seems mine has decided to adjust itself too low :headhurt:

Cheers Mike

I had a read down through the guide--simples :D

My query is that i think the adjuster is over compensating for anything i put in the boot (self levelling mechanism) :bang:

Where is it automatically sensed from--I know the motors are working but does anyone know where the sensor that controls them is :dummy:

• 4 months later...

Where is it automatically sensed from--I know the motors are working but does anyone know where the sensor that controls them is :dummy:

sorry to breathe life into an old thread but I'm looking to add these sensors to my Z. I've looked at the service manuals, asked American part suppliers to no avail. Would anyone have a part number for these?

I am aware the sit on the rear axle/suspension.

sorry to breathe life into an old thread but I'm looking to add these sensors to my Z. I've looked at the service manuals, asked American part suppliers to no avail. Would anyone have a part number for these?

you could pm ZMANALEX or R35LEE. They might be able to help with part no and parts

Here you go mate,

Depending on your VIN number of course.

53820 CD70A priced at £902.75 :scare:

I have these available preowned at £100.00 :yahoo:

Alex.