Gearbox replacement cost?

Husky

Im going to make a move soon to get my gearbox sorted out. although i think/hope the warranty will pay for it im looking at how much it will cost to sort it myself just incase :'( im thinking this means a new gearbox tbh. so i was wondering:

how much is a new gearbox and what will it cost in labour to fit?

is there any kind of upgraded gearbox that i could fit instead while im at it? although i suspect this would cost a fortune :scare:

cheers in advance :thumbs:

synchros in 5th and 6th are on their last gasp tbh and 2nd isnt feeling to cosy either, takes a lot of care to get into 5th/6th without a crunch. :(

:headhurt:

Hope the warrenty can cover you for that then! If not speak to R35LEE as he breaks Zeds, he might have a gearbox or can get one, and will be a lot cheaper than Nissan thats for sure.

i'm sure you could just change and replace the syncro's

and to be honest if your getting the gear box off, then i'd look at replacing the clutch as its cheaper while its already off. and while your doing that you might as well stick in a lightened flywheel for good measure. Zmanalex does a good excedy clutch and fidanza flywheel clutch combo. or tyr DMS for a full carbon clutch setup with carbon flywheel. bit more pricey, but a cracking piece of kit.

+1 with getting the clutch and flywheel done. I had to have work done on ,ine and the clutch is getting to the end of its life now so I'm going to have to pay again :blush:

I'd try and use the clutch pedal in future too instead of just crunching it in to gear Husk, may save a bit of money in the long run ;)

haha,

I haven't crunched it very often just when it slips my mind and i go for the block change :doh:

just have to wait for the revs to drop and its fine, however is a pain in the A

Mines the same in second and first mate when its cold to be honest. I cant see gearbox work being under £1000 so I just put up with it :blush:

i suppose i could look at getting the synchros repaired but as stated before in another thread the cost in labour for that would be very high. why when i could get a whole new box? its getting past the stage of putting up with it, its and absolute chore and very very noticable. not anything to do with temp either i know they can be stiff when cold and this isnt that problem. :(

ok so. new box how much?

fix box how much?

aftermarket race box???? theres any point at all tbh but still just curious? ;)

A custom box will be very expensive mate!

A friend of mine recently had a custom 5 speed 'box built for his type R Subaru. 1st and 2nd are straight cut with an upgraded (I presume from a more modern Subaru) 3rd, 4th and 5th. He also opted for a custom final drive and uprated clutch.

Parts, build and fitting come to about 6k. :scare:

If I were in your shoes I would probably look out for low mileage 2nd hand / recon box.

Matt

A custom box will be very expensive mate!

A friend of mine recently had a custom 5 speed 'box built for his type R Subaru. 1st and 2nd are straight cut with an upgraded (I presume from a more modern Subaru) 3rd, 4th and 5th. He also opted for a custom final drive and uprated clutch.

Parts, build and fitting come to about 6k. :scare:

If I were in your shoes I would probably look out for low mileage 2nd hand / recon box.

Matt

yeah thats what i thought tbh, and thats the kind of idea i want thinking of aswell with straight cut first and second :) i had guessed 6k too. :thumbs:

cheers mike :thumbs:

cheers dan :thumbs: