ITV HD on Sky HD

boomer816

Didnt think you could get ITV HD on sky HD untill i read this, it works :) Not sure if the quality is on par with Sky sports HD transmissions, but definately better than ITV SD

To do this, go to the Add Channels menu and use the following settings:

H

2/3

Channel 10510

then press yellow

and then "press tv guide, options, other channels, select 10510, select

you will prob see then ITV HD this service is currently unavailable,

its not on all the time see"

Basically borrowing it from Freesat as its not broadcast encrypted. Wont be on all the time as you say, so need to grab a TV mag to find out when its on in HD as I take it you dont get told on Sky when its in HD on ITV?

As far as i can tell you can literally just view it. Cant do any other functions unfortunately. I think if your watching ITV a box appears or something that says its available in HD, ud then have to repeat the process of selecting the "10510" channel, no need to save it again as its already stored.

Barry :thumbs:

Basically borrowing it from Freesat as its not broadcast encrypted. Wont be on all the time as you say, so need to grab a TV mag to find out when its on in HD as I take it you dont get told on Sky when its in HD on ITV?

As far as i can tell you can literally just view it. Cant do any other functions unfortunately. I think if your watching ITV a box appears or something that says its available in HD, ud then have to repeat the process of selecting the "10510" channel, no need to save it again as its already stored.

Barry :thumbs:

Ah thats cool then if you get the box up, lets you know you can watch in HD. All it is on Freesat is a shortcut to the other channel, so should function pretty much exactly the same. I thought you woulnt get the box on Sky as technically you're not meant to get it in HD on there. Obviously that box is added before Sky get it in the transmission chain ;)