Parking sensors

jim

It says:

"Are there any restriction on mounting the system?

No, the antenna is an adhesive strip 2000mm in length, that sticks to the inside of either a plastic or metal bomper. The small control unit can located either behind the bumper, under the wheel arch or in the boot of the vehicle."

Just going to look for my bomper... :)

It says:

"Are there any restriction on mounting the system?

No, the antenna is an adhesive strip 2000mm in length, that sticks to the inside of either a plastic or metal bomper. The small control unit can located either behind the bumper, under the wheel arch or in the boot of the vehicle."

Just going to look for my bomper... :)

Sounds dodgy if you ask me. Its nearly £200 for front and back and the nissan system is only £260 so I'd go for that instead :thumbs:

Sounds dodgy if you ask me. Its nearly £200 for front and back and the nissan system is only £260 so I'd go for that instead :thumbs:

The Nissan system is only on the back though in my case. I really like it though as reversing is a PITA sometimes with no too much sight towards the back...

Worth bearing in mind - I dont think all dealers use the same make/pattern of sensors and I mention this because the pattern fitted to my car have specific painting instruction that require the groove in the sensor to be masked when painting (the kit includes small rings to be used for masking - but some bodyshops just throw them away).

If the groove is painted, then later, some of the paint will flake off spoiling the look of your rear!

Hmmm - I would be a little concerned about these.

They say they work on electromagnetic waves.

The way I understand it, thats going to detect metal right?

Well the nearest piece of metal to the front of any random vehicle could be as much as 12 inches or about 30 cm from the actual front (plastic).

So when this device tells you that the antenna, is 60 cm away from the nearest object, I assume it will be 30 cm away from the nearest metal object, therefore you could actually be only 30cm away, and when it says 30 cm away, you could be touching theplastic front of the nearest object.

Id like to see it in action before purchasing anything like that.

Worth bearing in mind - I dont think all dealers use the same make/pattern of sensors and I mention this because the pattern fitted to my car have specific painting instruction that require the groove in the sensor to be masked when painting (the kit includes small rings to be used for masking - but some bodyshops just throw them away).

If the groove is painted, then later, some of the paint will flake off spoiling the look of your rear!

Plus stops the sensor working properly which can lead to further paint falling off ;)