Fitting guide

GT4 Zed

Anyone come accross a fitting guide for:

- an HKS style oil catch can.............ahem.... cusco cc :p

- Invoauto CAI or Injen which is near identical

i have it worked out but there are so many bits that a giude would help so i don't waste my whole saturday on this :blush:

thanks

HKS style catch can? Any pics? Never seen that before, but guessing that the guides for any catch cans will be the same...

Long or short tube CAI? If its short its a peice of pi55. Just have a look at some of the pics on the forum and it will help... not many places to fit this stuff..

HKS style catch can? Any pics? Never seen that before, but guessing that the guides for any catch cans will be the same...

Long or short tube CAI? If its short its a peice of pi55. Just have a look at some of the pics on the forum and it will help... not many places to fit this stuff..

Hi bud, the catch can has a short tube and actually looks like the cusco one with HKS emblem :p :http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?model=350z&cat=engine&prodid=1358

I was thinking of fitting it in the front bay in the space vacated by the CAI just like in the pics but still does not show where both pipe plumb into :teeth: i think one is from the feed that goes into the zed tube but what about the other?

Thanks Mr snake man :teeth: At least i know where the vibra-mount goes now but i had already installed it as a short ram up to this point as you could see in Stratford :D My problem is with the bits behind the front bumper especially as there is a shield which protects the cone from direct contact with water :scare: dont want to gets this wrong :scare:

Give me a shout bud, if I'm free you're welcome to use my drive and I'll give you a hand..

Hey Slink, thanks bud but i will be down in plymouth till the 12th or even the 19th so i have to get my hands dirty or be bored to death :teeth:

everything alright?

Give me a shout bud, if I'm free you're welcome to use my drive and I'll give you a hand..

Hey Slink, thanks bud but i will be down in plymouth till the 12th or even the 19th so i have to get my hands dirty or be bored to death :teeth:

everything alright?

That's fair enough chap, give me a shout when your back in the area..

Tings dem all good.. You?

Hi bud, the catch can has a short tube and actually looks like the cusco one with HKS emblem :p :http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?model=350z&cat=engine&prodid=1358

I was thinking of fitting it in the front bay in the space vacated by the CAI just like in the pics but still does not show where both pipe plumb into :teeth: i think one is from the feed that goes into the zed tube but what about the other?

Depends on what size pipes it comes with and what you want to vent.

When you remove your CAI you will see a pipe that fits under it. follow this pipe and remove, then fit the catch and put one pipe to under the cai tube and one to the end where the hose used to be! This should be a 16mm diameter hose.... If the hose is smaller like 14mm you want to be looking at the other side of the engine bay... Where the sparks are on the left there is a hose that links to a connector on the front of the plenum (you will need to remove the engine cover to see it. remove pipe and fit CC with the hoses linking to the 2 connectors from the removed hose... Not sure which side is better to vent. most of the cusco ones seem to be fitted to vent on the left hand side of the engine bay, but I have seen the ones venting from the CAI too!

I have fitted the Injen to mine so if you need to talk anything through drop me a PM. It's not too hard :)

Depends on what size pipes it comes with and what you want to vent.

When you remove your CAI you will see a pipe that fits under it. follow this pipe and remove, then fit the catch and put one pipe to under the cai tube and one to the end where the hose used to be! This should be a 16mm diameter hose.... If the hose is smaller like 14mm you want to be looking at the other side of the engine bay... Where the sparks are on the left there is a hose that links to a connector on the front of the plenum (you will need to remove the engine cover to see it. remove pipe and fit CC with the hoses linking to the 2 connectors from the removed hose... Not sure which side is better to vent. most of the cusco ones seem to be fitted to vent on the left hand side of the engine bay, but I have seen the ones venting from the CAI too!

Cheers guys, much appreciated :thumbs:

pvcplenumsb7.jpg

This is the pic I was looking for. For the cusco can this is the hose you remove & then each exit on the catch can plugs into it :thumbs:

BTW I have some blue samco hose which is prefect for fitting a catch can for sale ;)

pvcplenumsb7.jpg

This is the pic I was looking for. For the cusco can this is the hose you remove & then each exit on the catch can plugs into it :thumbs:

BTW I have some blue samco hose which is prefect for fitting a catch can for sale ;)

Ian you engine bay is looking gruby :lol::lol:

thanks for the pics. sorted now but will replace the clear hose with a black one instead B)