Storing tyres

rtbiscuit

this may sound like a silly question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. my 4 new tyres have just arrived but I'm not ready to put them on yet, got to organize a wheel refurb first. could be a week could be 2 months. what i wanted to know was is there a special way to store them? i.e should they be laid on their sides, stacked on top of each other or stood up on the tread.

my worry was that with no wheel attached and no air in them that if i left them the wrong way they might deform under their own weight, or am i just being a numpty?

should have bought them when you get your wheels re-furbed simples

true, but Camskills were running special offer at the moment which saved me £80 off the original price, so thought it wise to get them now as i don't know when the deal was due to run out.

the plan is to fit sooner rather than later. just waiting on some info, and seeing if i have the spare cash :lol:

have stood them on there ends at the moment as if they were on a car, with nothing leaning against them, and they're not leaning on anything either.

they are gorgeous by the way, i know its only a tyre, but the vredestein ultrac sessanta is a sexy tyre

Storing stacked one on top of each other is probally best, but as Darren said doesn't make alot of difference either way.

The only thing to try and do, is to keep out of direct sunlight, as its UV rays that ages the tyres the most and hardens the rubber.

storing for 2 months is fine otherwise I would put them in black bin bags for the same reasons mentioned (UV protection) mind you my Dunlops on my Beetle I got brand new 19 years ago are still mint and the air has never gone down! Car has been parked up in a garage or outside all that time! :)

I think you dont stand them upright as you may get flat spots. Looking how they store them in tyre shops they always seem to be on a rack so the bottom of the tyre isnt touching the floor..

i'll go lay them on there sides tomorrow, or at least rotate them every 3 days :lol:

Prehaps just to make sure they are happy comfy tyres you could put a pillow under each one so they dont get pressure sores? :p

i'll try that, i also thought i might put some chilled out music on for them, so that they sleep well at night. any reccomendations for artists to play?