Anyone got experience in regreasing their axles?

chriswillis

As the title suggests really?? I have clicky axles (i think both) and i want to sort it but don't really want to shell out £400 notes.

Does anyone on here have experience/thoughts on greasing and rotating their own? If so, i'd be interested to know how long it lasted before clicking again?? Am i just going to waste a day doing my own only to have it start clicking again a couple of days later or is it likely to last???

Many thanks for any suggestions/help.

Chris :wacko:

Anyone else with a "long termer half fix" comment at all? Really i'd like to give it a go at greasing to save the bucks but i want to make sure it'll be worth it first.

pm cavey. he had them regreased and turned about 2 years ago I think :thumbs:

I spoke to Japex in Kings Langley about this yesterday. Certainly the new kit will stop it happening again, but at £400 it is a big outlay. Japex said they have regreased a few Zs with better quality grease, and as yet none have come back with problems. The deal breaker is that they charge 1.5hrs labour or there abouts-so about £75 a side. I'm booking mine in soon as I only have one side clicking. :thumbs:

Unfortunately no long term gains to be had with grease and rotate.

Nissan introduced this as a scam to get the cars out of warranty and then sell you new drive shafts or kits at a later date. :thumbdown:

The upgraded kits that I have available are claimed to eliminate the clicking for good. :thumbs:

Alex.