annoying - rain!

speedy

Got all of my new detailing stuff today!! including two new buckets, micro colthes (8), applicators, meguiars 3 step system, meg gold wask and meg mit! and drying towel.

Started using the 2 bucket method with the Gold wash (great stuff) and the mit - got the one that has the bug remover side. The car and wheels were bad, so used to buckets on the car and two on the wheels! Maybe over the top but they look good. Came in inside for a coffee and it start pissing down..... :scare:

Very annoying....i am more annoyed that i can not use the 3 step sysetm - been looking forward to it :D

While its raining i thought i would post up a question or two!!

Should i use the micro clothes to put on and remove each step i.e paint cleaner, wax and polish? or should i use the white applicatos that came with it.....

Do you use a separarte micro clothe for each step? so in total 6?

Seperate applicators for each step. Been a long time since I used 3 step.

Rule of thumb though, different cloth/pad for each different product!

I'm detailing today too and the weather is *changable* ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :rant::rant::rant:

I'm detailing today too and the weather is *changable* ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :rant::rant::rant:

What stuff do you use? I am new to this level of detailing so i thought that this 3 step would be an easy start.

Thanks for the tips....

its still pissing down so i am unlikely to get anymore done.... so might have to :snack:

When Stew says changeable he means it's either VERY heavy rain or absolutely p1ssing it down in Aberdeen !!

As Stew says , stick to different applicators & cloths for each product :thumbs:

Me too. Just had to lug about 25 2m long bits of "railway sleepers" (not real ones, just hard wood cut to look like it). And it went from nice over cast, to rain, to blazing sunshine! How random. Hopefully detailing the car this afternoon ready for the Hoon and make my newest mod nice and shiney :teeth:B)

What stuff do you use? I am new to this level of detailing so i thought that this 3 step would be an easy start.

Thanks for the tips....

eh, a lot of different stuff. I look after a number of cars in the family and I do the odd detail of friends and colleagues. I use different stuff on different colours and paints and it depends what finish I want to achieve!

Very cryptic I know.....

On my own car (Azure) I use differnet things at different times but things that have gone on with good results are megs shampoo plus, Bilberry, tardis (occasionally), BH soft clay, Menzerna 85RD polish by PC7424, Poorboys black hole glaze, Blackfire All finish paint protection, Blackfire Wax, blackfire polycharged spray sealant, poorboys wheel wax, blackfire tyre dressing, megs All season dressing, autosol metal polish, megs metal polish........

I'm sure theres more but that has all been used on the zed.

Inside I use poorboys natural look dressing, gliptone cleaner and conditioner and I regularly wash the carpets and mats with my wet vac.

I have quite a lot of other stuff for tackling different jobs and different colours and paint finishes too

It's a slippery slope my friend!

Just NEVER total it up! :lol::lol::lol::lol: