Should i be sceptical

Spaceman

Having put a deposit on vehicle of choice i have just insured it and it came up on the database as a Fairlady z coupe with my insurer but on the free 7 day thing at the dealer it came out fine.

is this normal for the GT coupe to out like this on checks before i part with my hard earned :headhurt:

Having put a deposit on vehicle of choice i have just insured it and it came up on the database as a Fairlady z coupe with my insurer but on the free 7 day thing at the dealer it came out fine.

is this normal for the GT coupe to out like this on checks before i part with my hard earned :headhurt:

i think confused.com only showed up the fairlady. easiest check, look at the rear bumper if the number plate is square its an import.

I asked that over the phone and she said it hadnt come up as an import and only cost me £80 more than my C4 VTS and thats for me and the Wife.

Its from a reputable dealer so any probs i will be straight on to them, gonna double check on the V5 before i handover my sausage and mash.

Incidentally where does it say import on the V5 ie where should i look

i think confused.com only showed up the fairlady. easiest check, look at the rear bumper if the number plate is square its an import.

Mine has a square one and its a UK car ;) And also its not been unknown for car dealers to buy UK rear bumbers and fit them on imports so not really the best way to check... Subtle one is the AC controls as the ring you turn in thin, the UK one is thick as these dont get changed very often...

Thanks for putting me at ease, will double check on Saturday. Already provisionally booked the windows for tinting sooooooo cant wait for saturday

Out of curiosity (and excuse the change of thread) what do people pay for insurance on average im 32 with full NCB no points (yet :teeth: )

have put the wife on to and fully comp it comes to around £500 is that good? (for those out there of my tender age anyway)

Sounds similar to what our insurance will work out over the year (just changed part-way as we just got the car). I'm 31, wife's 32 and full NCB. I'll be calling Chris Knott in a couple of months as we had a MX5 before (RWD experience).

On the original subject, my wife's 1.4 S Clio always gets rated as a 1.4 Sport Clio by insurance databases!