Pad advice

ZedJohn

Hello,

I had my first ever track day :drive1 last week at Bedford Autodrome - fantastic place. The Zed didn't miss a beat except for a couple of spells of brake fade. I'm now addicted to life on the track :teeth: and will be going back on 31st August.

I'm going to change the brake fluid to 5.1 as it's less resistant to fade (I'm not expert - can you tell...?) and I need to change my pads as they're on their last legs. I was looking at Endless but they're £175 a pair which seems steep :thumbdown: . Can anybody recommend something decent for mainly road use and the occasional track day?

Thanks

Hello,

I had my first ever track day :drive1 last week at Bedford Autodrome - fantastic place. The Zed didn't miss a beat except for a couple of spells of brake fade. I'm now addicted to life on the track :teeth: and will be going back on 31st August.

I'm going to change the brake fluid to 5.1 as it's less resistant to fade (I'm not expert - can you tell...?) and I need to change my pads as they're on their last legs. I was looking at Endless but they're £175 a pair which seems steep :thumbdown: . Can anybody recommend something decent for mainly road use and the occasional track day?

Thanks

Hi John,

Ferodo DS 2500 pads with Motul RBF 600 or 660 fluid hooked up to a set of Goodrich brake lines will totally transform your braking experience and would be the ideal set up for your requirments.

I have all the goodies in stock and good to go next day.

PM me if you wish to discuss further. :thumbs:

Cheers,

Alex.

Ouch Motul is the best but £££!

I ran OEM discs and DS2500 previously and fade was present after a couple of laps.

With the correct combination of fluid, pads and lines as previously listed then brake fade after a couple of laps should not be an issue.

Contaminated and a low wet and dry boiling point choice of fluids will result in serious brake fade

Fresh, preferably motul RBF 600 or 660 will resolve this issue.

I am only referring to occasional track use and the correct brake pad bed in procedures being carried out and sensible cool down periods being applied every 8 -12 laps. ;)

The above set up is ideal for predominantly road use with the occasional track day with no warm up required, minimum brake squeal and very little dust. Very user friendly. :thumbs:

If you would like recomendations for a more track orientated set up then please just ask.

Cheers,

Alex.

Do the Z's come as standard with a wind deflector pointing at the brake disc? It usually hangs out of the castor arm & is made of hard rubber. If so making sure this is still in-place or fitting one of these might help somewhat as well.

Oh & +2 for the DS2500 pads (for track & daily driving) & DOT 5.1 fluid & braided lines.