No interest in my roadster

Sunny1

Nobody has slated your car as far as I can see.

Its probably very nice as you say.

The advert needs work though in my opinion.

I would have to agree with Sarnie, the advert needs working on, maybe if you amended/deleted all the negatives could help imho......

This is coming from a person who advertised his roadster for a week saying "electrical this and that"....= no responce...........THEN amamded advert to read full specification and hey presto the phone starts ringing and i have now sold it :wave:

I would have to agree with Sarnie, the advert needs working on, maybe if you amended/deleted all the negatives could help imho......

This is coming from a person who advertised his roadster for a week saying "electrical this and that"....= no responce...........THEN amamded advert to read full specification and hey presto the phone starts ringing and i have now sold it :wave:

My point exactly :thumbs:

It shouldn't be underestimated how powerful the actual text of the advert is. Even spelling mistakes put me of.......

My post wasn't meant to sound like a criticism, just some things to think about in terms of amending the advert. If the car really is puttin gout 310bhp then fair play. The standard 53 plate will have been running 276bhp as standard and even with heavy mods and a re-map people are coming out with only just over 300bhp.

I would only consider buying off someone with a good and accurate description of their car (again not a criticism). Just trying to offer some advice on the advert.

Car looks very nice and I hope you get a sale. :thumbs:

Any car will sell in any climate, if priced right ;)

This is nearly true, but at what cost 10K for a 58 plate!!!!! My roadster is one of the cheapest in the UK with some good modifications but it still has not sold, so am reluctant to believe that even keenly priced cars are selling. You really do have to knock it down to stupid money, then what are you achieving. Unless you can knock your next cars value down 20% or more, but thats a bit of a risk.

nikbiomed i'm confused does your car have sat nav or not, towards the start of the advert where your are pointing out all the negatives on the car.....

"Bear in mind that the cheapest Roadster I can find on the market is £10,995 and it has basic wheels, brakes, cloth seats, no satnav, standard stereo system and is not a very desirable colour. You cannot even get a basic 350Z for much less than this with good mileage."

Then you go on to say the ........

"Birdsview Sat Nav (seem nice this) with automated cover/flap. This works perfectly so can only presume this has been upgraded at some stage. Believe also that the automated flap is not found on many cars."

My point exactly :thumbs:

It shouldn't be underestimated how powerful the actual text of the advert is. Even spelling mistakes put me of.......

Was your spelling mistake deliberate Sarnie!? :lol:

The wording of my ad has changed a lot over the months (yes thats how long it been advertised). This current form is now a more desperate attemt at getting people to realise that my car is good value for money, compared to other roadsters out there. But heh if you guys think that this is not how you read it then maybe I should edit AGAIN!!!. Suffice to say, I have sold 4 Supras in the past 3 years (2 in the last 10mths) and all have gone is around a week.

I personally think that these cars are not that sort after, and if I am honest are not that good really, which is why I want to get back to the Supra. Shame cos I really wanted one of these they look so awsome, especially with a Nismo body kit, but they are never gonna perform well, even with some of the Turbo/Supercharger upgrades, and these are tremendously expensive. I think the 300ZX is better. I know I am gonna get shot down over this comment. :headhurt::headhurt:

I know nobody is slating the car, we can all see its a good one, I looked for a while before I got it. It is a fine example with everything working as it should and has had some great upgrades, especially the brakes.

Any ideas for the ad would be appreciated, maybe I should advertise on ere too. :teeth:

The wording of my ad has changed a lot over the months (yes thats how long it been advertised). This current form is now a more desperate attemt at getting people to realise that my car is good value for money, compared to other roadsters out there. But heh if you guys think that this is not how you read it then maybe I should edit AGAIN!!!. Suffice to say, I have sold 4 Supras in the past 3 years (2 in the last 10mths) and all have gone is around a week.

I personally think that these cars are not that sort after, and if I am honest are not that good really, which is why I want to get back to the Supra. Shame cos I really wanted one of these they look so awsome, especially with a Nismo body kit, but they are never gonna perform well, even with some of the Turbo/Supercharger upgrades, and these are tremendously expensive. I think the 300ZX is better. I know I am gonna get shot down over this comment. :headhurt::headhurt:

I know nobody is slating the car, we can all see its a good one, I looked for a while before I got it. It is a fine example with everything working as it should and has had some great upgrades, especially the brakes.

Any ideas for the ad would be appreciated, maybe I should advertise on ere too. :teeth:

I suppose we are all different some like certain things in a car and others like something else, if the Zed did not tick all the boxes for you does'nt make it a bad car and like wise it did tick my boxes but that also does'nt make it a good car. :drive1

Has far as i know you can post your car for sale on here provided you have submitted 50 or more posts in total, looking at your profile you meet that requirement (unless the amount has been adjusted? :thumbs:

I just thought this was a forum for like minded zed enthusiasts but it its turned out to be a full on insight into human nature. A little bit of criticism and all of a sudden we are all driving crap cars. I might get a Supra next as there must be brilliant to own.......................and then sell.......................4 times over?????????

This does look like a good car but it is definitely the ad wording letting it down.

"It also turns a lot of heads, no quite as much as my last car but you still notice them looking." - Not a glowing recommendation.

How about checking out some of the ads for cars that have sold quickly and copying what they said, then add your extra bits.

BTW, if you say you have excellent brakes that is fine, but to then say they stop you well when you hoon it around the country lanes, that is not so good!

Second hand car prices are rising (if we beleive what the media says). Hang on in there if you can. :thumbs:

Are there any car delears on the forum? Can they confirm or dismiss what the media are telling us about second hand car prices? :bounce:

I think your right about the second hand car prices, the dealer on thursday snapped my hand off and did'nt try to knock me down, like i have said in one of my previous post i wish i'd marked it up maybe a grand or two more :bang:

I just thought this was a forum for like minded zed enthusiasts but it its turned out to be a full on insight into human nature. A little bit of criticism and all of a sudden we are all driving crap cars. I might get a Supra next as there must be brilliant to own.......................and then sell.......................4 times over?????????

350z's are not Crap cars, again someone it putting words into my mouth. They are nice cars but not for me... Sorry for telling the truth.

However Supra's are fantastic cars, especially when you make over 10K from an initial 2.5K investment. Try it some day, beats going to your mom and dad for pocket money. Buying cars enjoying them for a while and selling them on is just what I do. You need to realise that their are several varient of the Supra and the reason for buying so many and selling them is to upgrade each and every time, does this make sense to you or should I explain a little better.

]

I suppose we are all different some like certain things in a car and others like something else, if the Zed did not tick all the boxes for you does'nt make it a bad car and like wise it did tick my boxes but that also does'nt make it a good car. :drive1

Has far as i know you can post your car for sale on here provided you have submitted 50 or more posts in total, looking at your profile you meet that requirement (unless the amount has been adjusted? :thumbs:

Thanks for the input and info bud. Not sure anyone is gonna look at me as a potential seller on ere now though. Gonna leave it on Pistonheads for now (my ebay ad is ending soon) and just see what happens, its free so no rush. Its also a bad time now to sell a Roadster, winter on its way, and have declined myself to having to keep until next spring/summer. In which case I will probably enjoy the car for a couple of months then sell on.

This does look like a good car but it is definitely the ad wording letting it down.

"It also turns a lot of heads, no quite as much as my last car but you still notice them looking." - Not a glowing recommendation.

How about checking out some of the ads for cars that have sold quickly and copying what they said, then add your extra bits.

BTW, if you say you have excellent brakes that is fine, but to then say they stop you well when you hoon it around the country lanes, that is not so good!

Adjusted now, but like I mentioned earlier, the wording of this ad has taken many forms, I have only normally put in bullet points in the past and this has been fine, but regular hits with stupid offers has led me to put in whatever I can to imporve the ad, abeit wrongly. Some of the info in there is due to a lot of questions being asked about things like the brakes, satnav etc etc, so please understand that I am only trying to give people the info they are asking me in the first place. Hope this helps you understand where I am comming from.

I think this thread is rapidly turning into my thread so appologies to the owner. But to clarify I am gratefull of all the constructive critisism of my advert for my car. If it helps me to sell the car by changing it with your ideas/comments then I am more than happy to accept your them. Thanx to all that have been able to offer this type of critisism, but bog off to those that seem to overstate what I am saying and find some other thread or better still hole to fall into.

Few questions to help your ad....

What chip or remap has it got to get it too 310 (a big selling point.) It needs to have something to get it too this.. Did the previous owner not give you a dyno chart?

What Zorst - Ypipe - Hiflows etc if any has it got,

What CAI?

Plenum spacer?

Pics of the interior? Pics of Engine bay?

Verts often sell better with the roof down...

Too much waffle in your add at the top. List the car basics / mileage etc at the top, then the mods, then the waffle at the end. Put it in MS word first to check for spelling mistakes. 4 Pics should be enough, Side with roof down (where it looks best!) front 3/4 shot with the spoiler in, Engine bay square on and interior from behind.

Oh and btw, wheels spinning in 2nd isnt a great selling point, looks like your thrashing it and dropping the clutch too early with a fast gear change ;)

I would scrap your whole ad and start from scratch. Stick to bullet points and keep everything factual, and try to remove as much of your own opinion (good or bad) as possible. NEVER put anything negative about the car or its performance etc unless you are describing any damage to the car etc. You want people to read the ad and think that it has been cherished and not 'hooned around country lanes' etc we all know that performance cars get driven vigorously but when buying a car I don't want or need to know that, what I do want to know is that its been driven and looked after properly.

Statements like 'cheapest roadster around' don't encourage me to look as I immediately think that if its so cheap then someone before me would have bought it......

Just my 2p's worth...............

:)