OK !! , we all love the Zed....but......

lomoto

Theres a whole lot of stuff going on under that bonnet :thumbs:

I don't do under bonnet stuff :wacko:

If it looks good, i buy it!!! :teeth:

:teeth: makes the Z look positively bare :)

Very true. The zed is actually quite bare really which makes it fairly easy for an idiot like me to tinker about. I managed to fit a grounding kit and pop charger fairly simply, which is a massive feat for me. I don't even own any tools :scare:

Bloody hell Liam thats an vast improvement , not so long ago I can remember assuring you ,you wouldnt get electrocuted taking the battery off :p

That was because a few years again, whilst trying to jump start a car with some dodgy jump leads, somehow I managed to get electrocuted pretty badly! :scare: Blacked out and did'nt know where i was for about half an hour :surrender:

What with 12 volts... you must be a sensitive soul :)

Not sure what happened but I had a headache like I had been on a 3 day stella marathon :scare:

Anyway, getting pretty accustomed to the Zed now, and would tackle most things :thumbs:

A good job really as Nissan wanted £1600 to replace pads and discs all round on the last zed :scare::angry::rant::thumbdown::surrender::dry:

Got a Mercedes C Class Sports Coupe which is going when the 350z arrives. Definately the best car I've had so far (although the VW Golf TDI GT comes a close second) but nothing exciting or anything compaired to the cars you've all had previously. 350z will be my first proper sports car. :yahoo:

Just 2 weeks to go till it arrives. :D

Difficult one this....

This is the current 'other' car in the family - my Mitsi Legnum VR4 - 2.5l twin turbo with the same cunning AWD that the EVOs have, all in a nice non-descript non boy-racer inciting package. My favourite quote from one of the EVO boys: 'No offence mate, but you'd never expect one of those to bite you in the 4rse!'

legnum.jpg

But... I suppose the car I remember with most affection is the space-frame buggy my father and I built when I finished school and toddled off to university to be educated - there must have been a piece of every car in existence in it - toyota engine, vw suspension, ford hubs, renault wheels etc etc. Weighed 600kg with me in it and had a 1.5l tuned engine, so it went like the clappers off the line. As aerodynamic as a brick, so it hit a wall when I went over 60!

Some pics (with me in my student days - no, it's not the 2nd coming ;))

buggo.JPG

Buggo2.JPG

Buggo3.JPG