Headlights

Shaun1982

Hi guys,my headlights look a bit scabby to say the least,theyre all murky & dull,possibly it looks to me like its inside. Is there any way of sorting this out?preferably without splitting the headlights,ive done the indicator/sidelight & foglight pods on fto's a few times & they never go back together perfectly so im not fancying doing the zeds headlights.lol.

Ill get a picture & stick it up on here :thumbs:

Could try one of those small steam cleaners and tie a tube to the nozzle and poke it in but the headlights would have to bee bone dry when you finished, I had a VW Golf which had moss growing at the bottom of the glass i had to split those and used fish tank silicon to help seal them and it worked fine biggest problem you have to avoid is them fogging up if you dont dry them out properly.

Ive had some polish on them from work that i used to do my old fto lights when id flatted them back with 1500 wet & dry but they havent changed at all.ill give the machine polisher a try maybe later,im just wondering if the state of them might be a factor into as why the hids are a bit poor

Ive had some polish on them from work that i used to do my old fto lights when id flatted them back with 1500 wet & dry but they havent changed at all.ill give the machine polisher a try maybe later,im just wondering if the state of them might be a factor into as why the hids are a bit poor

no the hids are just generally poor compared to other manufactueres

Speak to P15ULT from the now defunct dream customz, if he's not too busy you might be able to send him your headlights and he might be able to dismantle and repair them for you. just depends on how busy he is. and also if you can live without your car for a week while the work is done.

Speak to P15ULT from the now defunct dream customz, if he's not too busy you might be able to send him your headlights and he might be able to dismantle and repair them for you. just depends on how busy he is. and also if you can live without your car for a week while the work is done.

Thats me screwed then.lol. Its my daily driver :lol:

not defunked just slowing things down for a month or so :lol:

most of the time the cloudyness is on the outside although it does look as if its on the inside, i use some autoglym super

resin polish to get it off, it takes a while though but should work

Paul

Update at last.lol. To tie things together nicely i had the bumper off so i could fit my new indicator bulbs & sidelight bulbs so there was no better time to flat & polish the lights while im at it. Now for the all important part,the results.....................

Not so brilliant actually :lol: while its improved the look of the lights its not actually solved the problem,it definately is the insides off the lenses that are scabby.

I did take a few photos but i think itl be hard to make out from them,ill have to look into replacing the light units at some point :headhurt: