Clutch / Gearbox problem and also car died...

andlid

hmm where do I start, tried starting the car today after sitting in a carpark all day (drove only about 10miles this morning from home) car started up fine and revved a bit higher then normal around 2k, then it just died. Tried to start it again and it just kept cranking over without starting. (panic) Stopped cranking since I didnt want to flat out the battery, pressed the accelerator to the floor and started cranking again, almost stopped it when it finally revved up and started... scary... stuck in 1st gear... felt a bit hard to get in... drove off and the car juddered, kind like it hand problems engaging/disengaging the clutch? drove off and sat in traffic for a little while and from N to 1st I now couldnt for the life of me get 1st gear in, had to brute force it in to get going when it went green. Started then to 'fell' the gear changes and now feels a bit hard to get gears in, no sound from sync or gearbox noise.

What could be wrong? Think the start issue is dirty plenum and throttle body so that will hopefully be fixed when I get time to change the plenum :dance:

The judder/gearing issue : old clutch oil? Don't think that's ever been changed, nothing in the service book regarding changing anything like that in JPY.

CAR: 2003 JDM import 66k/km on it.

Any input/ideas?

:drunk:

Could be a clutch assembly issue or clutch slave cyl problem or clutch ball pin failure.

I have all in stock if required. :thumbs:

Alex.

:blush: how can I check any of above>>? typical cost>?

Best to get a qualified technician to check it out for you. :thumbs:

Exedy Clutch Kit £295.00

Fidanza Fly £295.00

Clutch Slave £70.00

Ball Pin Kit £20.00

Alex.

New clutch requires gearbox removal and sometimes a bleed - can be a long job for mechanic so bare this in mind with labour costs ;)

4 hours max, around £200.00 :)

Take it to one of the works rally teams - they do 'em in about 12 minutes :lol:

New clutch requires gearbox removal and sometimes a bleed - can be a long job for mechanic so bare this in mind with labour costs ;)

4 hours max, around £200.00 :)

Take it to one of the works rally teams - they do 'em in about 12 minutes :lol:

But costs a bit more than £200 :lol: