Bluetooth Adapter Cradle Missing

rokitsalad

I just bought a new 350z and I'm loving it!

I have a slight problem with the bluetooth though. When I open the arm rest there isn't a cradle for the adapter and I can't find any reference to how to get hold of a cradle.

The car is an 09 plate and according to the salesman, the most recent model. From what I'm reading, it should have the cradle pre-installed - is this correct?

Is there anywhere I can buy one? (I found the doc someone posted on this forum for how to fit it).

I don't think it was a Jap import, but it was originally built for the Irish market. A load of them have been sat over there for a few months not shifting so a dealership in Stoke bought them and sold about 10 off at a discounted price (we paid around £23k - we're VERY happy even though the driver side door handle is scratched).

If the Japanese versions didn't have it fitted, maybe the Irish didn't either?

Fitting it doesn't look too difficult, I just can't seem to find where to get one.

As your car may be 'European' spec this extract may not be the news you wanted

I've been emailing Nissan and a few mobile phone companies about the connection spec. The last reply from Nissan this week was

"I have sent your pictures off to our technical department, and again they have stated that there is no information available for us. The electronics and the wiring loom are totally different in the European and Japanese spec 350Z's and we do not hold specific information on vehicles we do not offer in the UK. We have sent a query to Nissan Japan, but just to make you aware they can take a number of weeks to reply. Again I can only recommend that you speak to your local Nissan dealership to discuss your options. Even if we manage to obtain a list of compatable mobile phones, they will be Japanese specification phones which can be different to the phones we have here in Europe."

But now off to try and find a post that showed what was necessary to fit the cradle and its support bits, although the wiring issue may make an aftermarket bluetooth option more practical. I will be back :snack:

I'm back, and this thread I was looking for:

viewtopic.php?t=13358

Hope that helps :thumbs:

I Bought a 08 plate GT a few months ago and had the same problem. After aproching the dealership they agreed to post me the cradel kit and asked me to source the BT adapter which they would pay for. I then fitted the stuff my self. However the puzzle is, even though the this stuff is standard equipment. It became obviouse that it had never been fitted before. I suspect that because my car was an ex demonstrator and this kit is probabley dealer fit (rather than factory fit) they never bothered. The BT adaptor was around £85, dont know about the cradel and white box (dealer supplied). There is a thread on here with the part numbers. Also I downloaded an installation manual but can't find it now. However from what I remember......

Disconnect battery earth.

Remove base from large cubby behind passenger seat.

Plug in 2 plugs into white box and attatch to underside off cubby base tray with black sticky pad. (reach in the plugs may be taped to harness)

Plug cradel into 2 plugs below rectangular insert in center armrest.

Wrap plugs with black foam thing.

Fit cradel tray (mine did not quite fit and needed filing)

Plug in BT module.

Reconnect battery.

PS if its a flip phone it may have to be closed for the system to function correctly.

PPS This kit is standard on UK cars so I would ask your dealer why it is missing. He should be willing to supply and fit.

PPPS

"Is there anywhere I can buy one? (I found the doc someone posted on this forum for how to fit it)."

Sorry to much beer. Ignor my hazy recolection of installation and my sppelling................

Ebized, Impressed - Thanks for the info guys. I now at least know what part I'm missing and I know to check compatibility with the Irish model before I buy one :D

Stew, the car is a coupe but the dealership made no reference to it having BT. When we sat in it and saw the buttons on the steering wheel, we just assumed it was for that. It's such a common thing in cars these days that it never entered our heads that it might not be fitted - more fool us, I suppose. I will be giving the dealership a ring to confirm the part number for this model and whether the installation is the same.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I'll let you know what I find out.