De Limiting?

Rob2005

lomoto did yoiu fit yours?

I know 350znismo did for sure :) - search for his posts. For example,

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... it%2A#9428

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... A&start=15

not sure if we ever did get any pics LOL

no didnt fit mine , only just bought the car when I had it fitted so left it to someone that was "au fait" with the 350z..but looking at it now it is a simple wring job about 30-60 mins max :thumbs:

Also one more question (sorry to be a pain) i want to change my pads, i dont have the Brembo calipers but everyone i call only have one listing for pads, so are they all the same??

no not same ..Find a stockist for EBC pads and ask for the non Brembo fitting.. I have the EBC" red stuff" pads :thumbs:

Thanks on the Pads Lomoto.

Guys im so pickledon this de limiting thing.

The problem i have apparently is my clocks are already in MPH. Everyone i have called said i need to change the clocks back to KPH for this to work.

Can anyone help at all?

Thanks on the Pads Lomoto.

Guys im so pickledon this de limiting thing.

The problem i have apparently is my clocks are already in MPH. Everyone i have called said i need to change the clocks back to KPH for this to work.

Can anyone help at all?

what a load of bollocks :scare: of courseyou dont need to change the clocks... I should talk to someone who has carried out one of these delimiter conversions... if you live anywhere near me I can give you the details of where I had my done :)

£150 :secret: Yow moost be barmy! I don't know z-specifics, but generally on jap cars all you need to do is interupt the speedo pickup from the gearbox. Contact Funkystyling - they do a delimiter/convertor for under £30 - they should be able to tell you if it'll work with the z. Four wires to connect - positive, earth, speed sensor in, speed sensor out. 30 minutes work and you're done.

£150 :secret: Yow moost be barmy! I don't know z-specifics, but generally on jap cars all you need to do is interupt the speedo pickup from the gearbox. Contact Funkystyling - they do a delimiter/convertor for under £30 - they should be able to tell you if it'll work with the z. Four wires to connect - positive, earth, speed sensor in, speed sensor out. 30 minutes work and you're done.

that'd be a nice one if it worked, I somehow don't think it will as Funkystyling is on board here and his Z is an import... in fact I seem to remember he was asking about delimiting it months ago when he got it?

that'd be a nice one if it worked, I somehow don't think it will as Funkystyling is on board here and his Z is an import... in fact I seem to remember he was asking about delimiting it months ago when he got it?

mmmm. BIt odd... If you go to the 350z pages on funky ( http://www.funkystyling.co.uk/category.php?carNumber=30&carMake=350z and click on the 'electronics and electrics' link, the delimiter is listed the blue E0022 one).

They only appeared a few months ago (I got one for the mitsi), so I wonder if they were sourced by Funky when they needed to delimit their Z? Hopefully he'll let us know here...

yes I had a GTO previously , all that was required was a simple snip of a wire to the ECU ,

but take it from me the ECU on a 350z is a totally different animal and needs complicated feeds to ensure that all functions operate, only one I know that works is an HKS unit..there was a company offereing one made in the UK but when I made enquiries about this (it was a lot cheaper than a HKS ) they had withdrwn it from the market due to teething probs (read that as they had blown a few ECU,s) £150 is cheap in my book for something that works and causes no probs wouldnt you agree??

Also one more question (sorry to be a pain) i want to change my pads, i dont have the Brembo calipers but everyone i call only have one listing for pads, so are they all the same??

Try here Rob for your pads (if you going EBC route).....

This ended up being cheapest by someone the other day (can't remember who it was).....

http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/

If they don't the none brembo, then these do.... complete set

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-350Z-EBC-RED-STUFF-FRONT-AND-REAR-PADS_W0QQitemZ4632281719QQihZ002QQcategoryZ10402QQcmdZViewItem

• 8 months later...

Brake pads:

We do a large range of different pads for both Brembo and non-Brembo JDM cars.

De-limiting - the only one on the market that we know of which works with the Z is the HKS SLD (also available on our site).

Fitting is relatively easy but you do need to solder some wires. If in doubt at all, get an auto electrician to fit it.

HTH

Chris

Brake pads:

We do a large range of different pads for both Brembo and non-Brembo JDM cars.

HTH

Chris

Chris, do you also supply replacement disks for non-Brembo JDM cars? I don't want to spend a fortune, but I notice that the front disks are getting a bit worn and will need replacing in a few more thousand miles. The rears should keep for a bit longer.

Chris, do you also supply replacement disks for non-Brembo JDM cars? I don't want to spend a fortune, but I notice that the front disks are getting a bit worn and will need replacing in a few more thousand miles. The rears should keep for a bit longer.

Naaa sorry we dont have discs at this time :-/

Chris

Any advice from anybody else on suitable replacements for non-Brembo JDM disks?

not bought any myself Jim , but they are quite cheap to buy on the American Ebay site , just postage cost will be expensive :dry:

Thanks Tim - will have a look. :)

Any advice from anybody else on suitable replacements for non-Brembo JDM disks?

not bought any myself Jim , but they are quite cheap to buy on the American Ebay site , just postage cost will be expensive :dry:

Thanks Tim - will have a look. :)

here found these Jim , they look too cheap :teeth:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-3 ... 1842QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-3 ... 4072QQrdZ1