Alarm Problem

lulu!

Hi guys

last night my alarm kept on going off for no reason, it went off 4 times throughout the night, so i had to lock it with the key

instead of the key fob,

the key fob still works, its just the alarm goes off

I did bump the car the same night, i just tapped the rear bumper would this affect anything?

One of these little suckers - Crane Fly actually - i get lots of them at home I hate them.

Crane-fly.jpg

Although i did see a massive dragon fly in the garden the other day - it was like a small helicopter with a green shiny body - the cat was playing with it!

still doing it :(

i have looked through the car and there are no bugs

if i lock it with the key it isnt going off, but if i use the key fob it goes off

the sensor on the roof inside seems to be quite poorly fitted , do you think this could be anything to do with that ??

Lulu

still doing it :(

i have looked through the car and there are no bugs

if i lock it with the key it isnt going off, but if i use the key fob it goes off

the sensor on the roof inside seems to be quite poorly fitted , do you think this could be anything to do with that ??

Lulu

Very odd. It'd be worth looking at.

As far as I know there isn't any boxes of tricks in the boot area....

The seal on the boot lid ok? and the latching mechanism?

Doesn't locking it with the key (rather than the fob) not activate the alarm, so you can leave pets etc in the car without them setting it off (or am I thinking of a different car)?

There is a sensor under the bonnet as well that will activate the alarm - is the bonnet shut properly? Also, try putting some tape over the sensors on the roof and see if it still goes off?

Other than that I'm stumped... sorry.

sensor on the roof has never been the greatest of fitments. All UK zeds are like it.

Have you tried locking the car with the spare Key Fob to see if you get the same results. Locking the car with the key doesn't activate the sensors so thats the reason why the alarm doesn't go off.

? Also, try putting some tape over the sensors on the roof and see if it still goes off?

not sure that would work as I think it emits and receives the waves. Any break or non return would trigger the alarm. It needs to do both.

? Also, try putting some tape over the sensors on the roof and see if it still goes off?

not sure that would work as I think it emits and receives the waves. Any break or non return would trigger the alarm. It needs to do both.

never thought of that :doh:

thanks guys, have got it back from nissan who said that their diagnostics has come back with nothing

it was parked up all day at the dealers and half of today and didnt go off once

I will pop the bonnnt and ensure it shuts ok, the boot does a funny thing where you have to press it twice to unlock sometimes, but i understand this is common on the Z.

will see how it goes tonight, its a bit strange to say the least lol

Just in case it happens again. I found the below in the manual which might help establish if the internal sensor is a fault (You need to be pretty quick on your feet mind!!)

Ultrasonic sensor exclusion

It is possible to arm the system without this sensor being activated

[*]Turn ignition key ON and OFF 3 times within 7 seconds

[*]Arm the system by pressing the LOCK button on the remote control within 20 seconds!!

[*]The doors will lock and the direction indicators will flash once.

[*]All other functions of the system remain unchanged

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dave