Rip Off Britain

AndWood

On holiday in Florida at the moment popped down to Walmart today and stocked up on some Mags cleaning stuff but could not believe the prices.

Meguiar's Smooth Clay Kit- $15 =£11 £23 at Halfords

Large Meguiar’s Gold Class $6= £4!! £15 at Halfords

Meguiar’s Wheel Cleaner $5.64 = £4 £9 at Halfords

The wife is not too pleased I am taking up all the luggage allowance!!

Are you staying just off the 192 near medieval times?

I am at the Hard Rock Hotel at the moment then moving on to the Disney's Beach Club Hotel and then the Polynesian but I know the 192 well, why do you know of a place for me to visit :yahoo:

Naaaa its just that my parents have a house behind the walmart on the 192. Thought you may have been staying at the same resort. I actually dont know of any places that do aftermarket parts.....Suprising really the amount of times i have been their :bangin:

Naaaa its just that my parents have a house behind the walmart on the 192. Thought you may have been staying at the same resort. I actually dont know of any places that do aftermarket parts.....Suprising really the amount of times i have been their :bangin:

:headhurt: Oh well probably a good thing really :lol:

On holiday in Florida at the moment popped down to Walmart today and stocked up on some Mags cleaning stuff but could not believe the prices.

Well with it being an american product, you'd expect it to be cheaper in the US...add all the so called taxes and crap the UK gov'ment put on top and there you have the rip off price...

Busch gardens in Tampa Bay is included in the 6 park fexiticket if you have that :thumbs: If not its still a great theme park to go to and you could pop into B2autodesigns while you are there :teeth: Sorted ;)

Been to Busch gardens many times in the past so if I can get round the park quick enough I sure the wife and kids would not mind a couple of hours at B2autodesigns. :lol: I might see if Adam can ship a Eibach Pro Kit down to me.

I noticed that too when i was over last month, soo much cheaper but TBH im kinda put me off meguiars stuff of late as they are selling it everywhere! I know it doesn't make the product any less worthwhile but it makes me feel like im not buying a special product.

R

Well with it being an american product, you'd expect it to be cheaper in the US...add all the so called taxes and crap the UK gov'ment put on top and there you have the rip off price...

Bingo. + 1. You have to allow for that and the shipping across the waters.

Although I don't use Meg's anymore, bar the window and carpet cleaner, it's very reasonably priced I think whether paying Pounds or Kiwi weak dollar. :lol:

Thats Mainly because Halfords is such a ripoff! I hate buying stuff from there but its the closest car wash etc place too me or i'd go else were. :thumbdown:

pick me up a vortech super charger if you want ;) save me paying the import tax :lol:

Might save on import tax, but are you willing to pay the excess baggage charge? :lol::lol::lol:

Prolly be cheaper to pay the tax....

I'd hate to see what customs would do to you when they x-rayed that suitcase. violent-smiley-010.gif They would think it was an atom bomb :lol: