Aluminium trim vents-anyone got these?

rawbhp

I had some stick-on ones like this. Mine were quite flimsy plastic film but once on they were fine. After a year I damaged one and had to remove them and now the cabin looks too stark again. I will put them on again but only the genuine Nissan ones for the better quality.

Mine were half this price too...

I bought a set of these and the quality is perfect :thumbs: The guy selling them is a member on here named "asad" . I'll be buying another set of these of him shortly for my new Z.

excellent. Discount for Z members!? Do they just stick on with 3m tape?

You just peel the backing tape off. Before that you have to slightly bend the trim to the exact contour of the vent, so trial fit it before you peel the backing off!!

I had discount off him only because i went to his house in Worcester, and bought the Z badges as well. Email him first and see if he'll knock the postage off, or get the badges as well :thumbs:

I bought a set of these and the quality is perfect :thumbs: The guy selling them is a member on here named "asad" . I'll be buying another set of these of him shortly for my new Z.

That is good to know. The ad says brushed alu finish, which is not the same as saying they are alu, just like they look like it (you know, like the difference between chocolate flavour and chocolate flavoured).

With a good recommendation like that I'll buy some myself :) Thanks sunset :)

They do look good but unfortunately mine started to peel off on the passenger side after a few months.

That was after careful shaping and cleaning the surfaces as well :dry:

Mine are currently sitting in my kitchen waiting for my lazy ass to sort out some new backing for them. (they peeled off alarmingly easy as well :surrender: )

Does look a lot better with them than without though.

Nope, I have some on my zed and they look good. Although the left side is slightly (few mm) detatched..... a few people have noticed it :thumbdown: and it's impossible to glue back down unless you have the patience of a saint? :rant:

Ultimately I think it looks good and is worth it if you think the price is reasonable :)