Scratched centre console

danZman

Driving me nuts and ive only owned the car for a week.

Been looking for entire centre console dash replacements but cannot find anything other than cheap and tatty dash kits (stick on ones).

Im thinking that im going to have to re-paint my dash to resolve the problem, but finding the same colour as the 350z interior is going to be hard as its sort of a light black. I figured going to nissan and paying stupid money for a replacement dash would be a stupid idea because it would just scratch again as they the build quality is...well....4 letter word. :yawn:

Im planning on:

Primer:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_161443_langId_-1_categoryId_165495

Paint:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_163202_langId_-1_categoryId_165495

Not too sure if I am clear coating it yet or not....

Think this would be generally the same colour or not?

Hey mate I have a similar problem to you the piece of trim around the gear stick that contains the heater controls has two one inch diameter white patches where the previous owner rubbed a little too hard or spilt something. I

had a quote from Nissan for a new surround which was silly money because it only comes with the heater controls which I don't want or need.

I was thinking of painting that part with a white gloss gel coator silver gel coat.

I don't know if the paint you have selected will be a good match, there sadly is only one way to find out but maybe its an opportunity to change the overall dash colour? The plastikote paints, in my personal experience, are quite good give a decent finish generally as long as you take your time and shake the cans properly.

Good luck fella.

Hi mate,

I seem to recall I was quoted somewhere in the region of 140 either way I thought no chance.

Srobrien

I like the look of that stripped back centre console painted black looks very good and adds a bit more detail to the interior. Sad thing is knowing my painting skills I couldn't make it look that good.

Wow thanks, thats a good visual representation of how mine will look.

Thats what I was scared of, the centre console being dark black and the rest being light black, but to be honest, it doesnt look that bad.

Other option is silver, but I dont know if it will look "chavvy".

Hi,

If the scratches are quite shallow you can cover them up with a wax crayon. I have not tried this myself but I read a post a few months back and OP seemed quite happy with the results.

It's obviously not a permanent repair but it might suffice your needs.

Cheers,

Matt

Hi,

If the scratches are quite shallow you can cover them up with a wax crayon. I have not tried this myself but I read a post a few months back and OP seemed quite happy with the results.

It's obviously not a permanent repair but it might suffice your needs.

Cheers,

Matt

Aye that was my idea mate - it does work as a temp solution - rub the crayon across the scratch and then using your finger to smooth it out - hides 90% of them! :thumbs:

I am having my whole heater controls, gear surround, arm rest hopefully updated to Facelift parts very soon including the relocation of the hazard button, should look lovely! ;)

You sure it will fit Jerry.... Something tells me that the new stuff dosnt fit on the old... Good luck if it does :thumbs: