Sold my 350Z :(, got a new toy!!!!

cfoster

Quite gutted after selling my Z but glad to see it has gone to another forum member who I know will look after it!!!

Decided to bite the bullet and by myself a yank pickup truck!!! Something i've wanted for about 12 years and when this came up I couldnt resist. She's an F150 Lightning on an 03 plate with 26k on it. Truck is absolutely mint!!

I cant really compare the truck against the Z really as they are sooo different to drive. The Z was more luxurious inside and had more goodies, after all this is just a ford truck. Performance wise, in a straight line the truck would definitely be quicker up to 3 figures but reckon the Z would catch up around then. Handling wise hard to tell, the trucks are meant to be superb but very tail happy. Cant see it handling better than the Z though to be honest although F150 enthusiasts may say differenet (im just honest!!!!)

Couple of pics of her below. The thing is massive, as a guide the front tyres are the same width as the back tyres on a Z!! (rear tyres are 295/45/18!)

Dsc02224.jpg

Dsc02223.jpg

Dsc02222.jpg

Dsc02221.jpg

Dsc02219.jpg

Chris ;)

Good man :clap: If you leave the zed, you have to get something mental to live up to the thrill.

I've always liked these since i first went to the states, and then again because of Fast & Furious 1, where Paul Walker has a red one like yours!

I used to pass a yellow one with black stripes in a garage daily, and i wanted it so bad!

If you dont mind me asking, how much was it roughly? And how are you finding riving a left hooker?

Danny - definitely a random choice but always wanted one so just thought fook it!!!!

marzman - exactly the same, it was the first fast and furious that made me want one!!!!! Lucky to find a facelift model to Paul Walkers (slightly more hp!). Price wise it was just a bit more than what I sold my Z for. Left hand drive is definitely more difficult but i'm getting used to it fairly quickly now, problem is the truck is 6foot 6" wide so another problem is tight gaps!! Being high up is great though and surprises most drivers, especially the cocky sales rep Audi drivers that think their company A4's are fast!!!!

Chris :)

Fantastic... i want one! Will you be using it for work, or is it just for posing? See i have no need for a pickup, but i'd still have one.

I nearly got an 06 mustang instead of the zed, but was put off by the lhd side of things... that, and the fact that another guy in my town bought one around the same time :blush:

Nah wont be using it for work as i commute into the City, to be honest it will just sit there for most of the time like the Z did!! Just bought the missus a new Beetle V5 which i imagine we'll use to potter about it!! Definitely worth considering and dont let the LHD put you off!! Insurance is £50 cheaper than the Z but it uses a hell of a lot more fuel, even driving sensibly!!!!

Is the truck very light in the rear?

I know in Australia with Utes (Utility Trucks / Pickups) the joke was always to put a bag of cement at the rear of the tray to give some traction..... I knew some people who owned V8 Utes a while ago.

I guess anyone who saw Top Gear over the weekend now know what a Ute is. I was just a bit peeved to hear Jeremy call Bathurst: 'Barthurst'. There is only one 'r' in Bathurst......