my friends ctr detailed by me :D

hiya guys... as some of u know im trying to do a bita detailing on the side for a bita fun and a lil bita cash. my m8 asked me to do his ctr for him, i thought no bother. then i remembered this car hasnt been hand washed ever!!! so let the good times role... todays method of cleaning was

BH sufex hd- agitated door sills, petrol cap, boot line, under side skirt, lower rear bumper in the corners and arches with horse n boar hair brushes

BH snow foam-left to dwell for about 5 mins

CTR thoroughly rinsed down

2 BM wash- DD SN shampoo used

megs clay, megs nxt quick detailer as lube

AG SRP

AG EGP

AG HD wax applied with wet sponge

wheels cleaned with AG clean wheels, dried and smartwax rimwax applied

exhaust wire wooled, megs nxt polish applied.

happy days :D

some before pics

jh3.jpg

jh2.jpg

jh4.jpg

jh5.jpg

and after :D

jh6.jpg

jh7.jpg

jh9.jpg

jh8.jpg

and my favourite shot of the day

jh10.jpg

again im sorry for the poor photos... owner was well chuffed.

thanks for looking

-ho

edit: forgot to mention interior was hoovered with le dyson, interior cleaned with AG interior cleaner and all glass cleaned with AG glass polish in and out :D

Good results ho!

What sort of price would you expect to do a z? I think mine could do with a proper detail to rid me of the swirls!

ermm ill let u know in due time... im not happy to work on anyone else's Z before ive done my own... get a feel for the paint etc.... but ill let u know bud :D

ill happily give it a propa wash and clay etc for now if u want tho :D

Nice work Ho :thumbs: I would be happy to clean others cars as I love doing it myself!

Just on the clay with the QD for lube, I was doing this until dcash pointed out clean soapy water is fine, its just a way for megs to get rid of more product!! And as its a bit of paid work on the side, every penny counts :)

AG HD gives some great results... On the EGP was never sure if I should put it on before or after the waX... now I know! Also those new little AG mits are pretty cool (you can wet them for the HD applicator) and the microbuffer does a great job and easy to wash out afterwards!

im really against tyre shine sorry...unless the OP want it.. i refuse to use it.. ive got some just im always worried it'll drop into the treads and also ive noticed no matter which tyre shine/gel ive used.. it ends up flicking itself all over my arches no matter how long ive left it to cure!!!

-ho

3fiddy: i was always unsure but either envy/eclipse told me recently that wax always goes on top as it need to breathe to work its best... so its what i will be doing from now!!

-ho

im really against tyre shine sorry...unless the OP want it.. i refuse to use it.. ive got some just im always worried it'll drop into the treads and also ive noticed no matter which tyre shine/gel ive used.. it ends up flicking itself all over my arches no matter how long ive left it to cure!!!

-ho

3fiddy: i was always unsure but either envy/eclipse told me recently that wax always goes on top as it need to breathe to work its best... so its what i will be doing from now!!

-ho

I will follow suit then old bean!! As I have about 3 bottles of the stuff!! Are you leaving it for the full time to set or does the EGP set quicker than it say on the tin?

Oh and on the Tyre Shine, have found the AG one in a can and the Megs Super Endurance Gel ones are both pretty good for for staying on the tyre... The other ones wernt good but I havnt tried that many! The muckoff applicators help with not getting it all over the place too! Know what you mean though on getting it in the arches... :angry:

Yeah, always finish off with a good wax, thats what Pete at AutoEclipse told me. Does make sense.

Also when Pete did my detailing he used Nielsons tyre shine. A great product that can also be used for the wheel arches with great results, and none of the flicking off all over the arches syndrome :lol:

Nice turn around Ho,car looked almost grey at first.Just wait till you get to grips with machine polishing the results will be fantastic.

As for tyre dressing try Blackfire long lasting gel,it's expensive but it does not sling up the side of the car.

Nice turn around Ho,car looked almost grey at first.Just wait till you get to grips with machine polishing the results will be fantastic.

As for tyre dressing try Blackfire long lasting gel,it's expensive but it does not sling up the side of the car.

cheers buddy ill keep that in mind... im just waiting for dodo to release some, no doubt there products will be top notch (if it ever happends)

just my confusion with EGP and the rest of the sealants is that, its a sealant, surely that should seal everything in (obviously not) but what the hay. u live n learn.. so far i got 5 people wanting a detail and 3 more wanting machining (maybe ross mac aswell :teeth: )so, things are good :D

-ho