Woodland creatures in my car

flamingMoe

Afternoon,

I have a strange noise emitting from my car when I pull away, mainly just after starting her up from cold, but has also been known to happen when warmed up.

It's very difficult to describe what it sounds like, but if I'm honest it sounds like I have a family of squirrels living inside my Rays.

Has anyone experienced this beofre, and if you have could you shed any light on it?

Excellent forum, by the way :)

It just occurs when I pull away.... mainly when cold and mainly when reversing out of my drive (which is a fairly steep uphill slope).

The car seems to be sound, no other odd noises or knocks, just the squirrel noise that last for a couple of seconds every now and then.

I'll be very pi**ed if I find out that it is squirrels!!! I'm not a bloody charity :angry:

Sounds like the Aux belts need tightening. Theres a thread on here about how to change them if you search, which includes a bit on how to tension them properly. Use that and tighten them up and you should be good to go if the belts are in good condition. If they are cracked then they'll need replacing which again is quite easy :thumbs:

Not sure what noise squirrels make but are your sure it is not:

a) clicking rear axles - repair kits at competitive prices are available from ZEDMANLEX. Its not a major worry issue other than the noise.

B) dry brake shims - a touch of high melting point grease between them and the caliper body is the answer there.

Both are regular issues with ZEDS - particularly if you think the noise is coming from the rear wheel area heard at slow speeds

sounds like clicking rear axles to me to. Does the sound come from the rear of the car. If yes then I would recommend getting it double checked by a Nissan dealership then follow option a) on Ebized's post.

Thanks Ebized, worth looking in to :thumbs:

Oh, and for the record, a squirrel makes a noise like a slightly miffed stoat.

Gee, thanks for that - should have realised :doh::fool: ............................... :please: I'm just little oll townie boy :surrender: