little advice needed on detailing products,please!

shire350Z

Just looking at buying alot of new detailing products :teeth: and had a few questions before i did so :thumbs:

wanting a wheel sealant/wax and wondered if any of you guys had a preference over the poorboys wheel sealant or the chemical Guys wheel guard?!

Also what do you find best for easily removing flies and bird muck of the front of your Z?!

plus a good sealant or glaze for my paintwork after waxing!!

Wanting a good polish for my catch tank, plenum and strut brace to, thanks all :thumbs: anyone tried the new Brilliant range from polished bliss??!!

Thats about it :lol: got some products in mind but cant beat other Z owners reccomendations :thumbs:

wanting a wheel sealant/wax and wondered if any of you guys had a preference over the poorboys wheel sealant or the chemical Guys wheel guard?!

I use PB wheelsealent and it works a treat, also stuck a layer of collinite 476 on top just to be sure

Also what do you find best for easily removing flies and bird muck of the front of your Z?!

Meguiars bug and tar remover works well for me

plus a good sealant or glaze for my paintwork after waxing!!

Jeff werkstat Acrylic Glos FTW! you can get it from poished bliss, works wonders

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog ... ntain.html, also good for bugs etc

Hope this helps.

R

Thats a pre soak James,you would spray it on before you foam usually use a similar thing in the winter months to get the salt of the lower part of the car.

If your after a sealant to spray on after wax i can highly recommend the Zaino Z8,its easy to apply and leaves the paint felling really smoth,smells good aswell. :thumbs:

The wheel guard is good stuff aswell.

chemical guys or PB for wheel sealant (pretty much the same product), or if your flush go for Swissvax Autobahn wheel wax awesome product (Small pot though for the money).

Einszett anti insect for the bugs (best around)

Jeff werkstatt acrylic jet BEFORE the wax then wax 24hrs after jet. Could try Jetseal too.

I have some acrylic if you want to test it :teeth: (What don't I have :teeth: )

I've just got some Bilberry, the PBs wheel sealant and Bug Squash- I'll let you know what I think when I've used them :blush:

However.........some of you may think its a cheat product but Dodo Juice Red Mist quick detailer is towsers tackle as far as I'm concerned. The car had a coat of Supernatural a couple of weeks back and the Red Mist is maintaining it just fine at the mo' - :wub: it

My glaze (Poorboys White Diamond Glaze) goes on after the polishing, then the Chemical Guys jetSEAL 109 to give the protective coating. This time, I topped that off with Collinite and then some P21S as a wet look wax after. Main protection being the jetSEAL and the Collinite.

After waxing, I don't really touch it, just use some Poorboys QD+ or some Megs Ultra Quick Detailer. :)

Would you use that after a glaze then mike but before waxing

not tried it. Got the Blackfire wax and wet diamond sealent. I prefered to put on the sealent last as it gave smoother results over the blackfire wax. Tested again with p21s wax and p21s is still a better wax IMO but apparently doesn't last as long but I think it gives a deeper glossier finish over the Blackfire wax. So was happy to have the p21s over the wet diamond as layers.

Sealants should really go underneath a wax.

As in the Blackfire range the all paint protection is designed to be the first coat then topped off with the wax.

If you think about it, wax needs to breathe, a good quality wax is made up of natural substances so degrade over time, if you seal a wax in with a sealant which will stop it from breathing then you will not get the desired effect.

A sealant will do x2 things for you it will offer a shiny surface (Much like a glaze might do) and it will offer some very good protection (Often better than wax) but it's 99% of the time synthetic so when applied will cover than car in a non penetrable layer.

Wax however is slightly different, generally made up of natural products the wax is designed to feed the paint giving it gloss, wet look and depth sometimes what a sealant can't do. But it breathes and a good wax will sweat also. Topping off regularly with a QD will keep a good wax layer going for sometime.

Glazes offer no preotection but offer oils to a paint which can give it a wet look. To be used aftre a polish and before a sealant or wax 9Or both).

If your a regular car user than a suggestion of a sealant every 2-3months topped off with a wax every 4-6 weeks.

If your a regular car polisher and low mileage car driver, try a glaze a regular waxing - say every 2-3weeks. The car will look like it's soaking wet :teeth:

Hope this helps guys :teeth:

Or ignore me and do what you think suits your car and routine best ;)

Sealants should really go underneath a wax.

As in the Blackfire range the all paint protection is designed to be the first coat then topped off with the wax.

If you think about it, wax needs to breathe, a good quality wax is made up of natural substances so degrade over time, if you seal a wax in with a sealant which will stop it from breathing then you will not get the desired effect.

A sealant will do x2 things for you it will offer a shiny surface (Much like a glaze might do) and it will offer some very good protection (Often better than wax) but it's 99% of the time synthetic so when applied will cover than car in a non penetrable layer.

Wax however is slightly different, generally made up of natural products the wax is designed to feed the paint giving it gloss, wet look and depth sometimes what a sealant can't do. But it breathes and a good wax will sweat also. Topping off regularly with a QD will keep a good wax layer going for sometime.

Glazes offer no preotection but offer oils to a paint which can give it a wet look. To be used aftre a polish and before a sealant or wax 9Or both).

If your a regular car user than a suggestion of a sealant every 2-3months topped off with a wax every 4-6 weeks.

If your a regular car polisher and low mileage car driver, try a glaze a regular waxing - say every 2-3weeks. The car will look like it's soaking wet :teeth:

Hope this helps guys :teeth:

Or ignore me and do what you think suits your car and routine best ;)

Some top advice there Craig.

Im currently working on your old Scooby, Kris dropped it off to me last night, its in for a full correction/engine/underneath its a stunning car mate and if the 350z is anything like this hats off to you mate.

P.s was the paint on the spoiler all bubbly like water drops had been painted over???

Paul

Hi Paul,

Good to hear that the car is still alive :teeth:

Shouldn't take you long to get it into tip top condition again.

350z is even better than the scoob ever was :scare:

Not sure on the spoiler to be honest, I don't think there was anything major. Hope it's not too serious :headhurt:

Hi Paul,

Good to hear that the car is still alive :teeth:

Shouldn't take you long to get it into tip top condition again.

350z is even better than the scoob ever was :scare:

Not sure on the spoiler to be honest, I don't think there was anything major. Hope it's not too serious :headhurt:

Hi Craig

The car has picked up a fair amount of swirls in the time Kris has had it, its just when I was taking a look round at the paintwork I noticed the top of the spoiler had like water drops underneath the lacquer, i'll get some pics tomorrow.

It is a stunning car though can't believe its being used as a daily driver know though....

I've been using the britemax 2 stage metal polish/sealant today sorting out the engine bay as the majority of the chrome/stainless was pittered with watermarks/etching, coming up lovely though.

DSC_0502.jpg

after a few hrs polishing

DSC_0511.jpg

These are the typical swirls on the car:

DSC_0487.jpg

DSC_0488.jpg

Had a little test patch

DSC_0491.jpg

Will be cracking on with the maching tomorrow.

Atb

Paul

I've just got some Bilberry, the PBs wheel sealant and Bug Squash- I'll let you know what I think when I've used them :blush:

However.........some of you may think its a cheat product but Dodo Juice Red Mist quick detailer is towsers tackle as far as I'm concerned. The car had a coat of Supernatural a couple of weeks back and the Red Mist is maintaining it just fine at the mo' - :wub: it

The PB Bug Squash is great - so's the Bilberry wheel cleaner (thanks for the 'guide' Stew) - the wheel sealant's for another day though just couldn't be fashed tonight...............

Nice work Paul on the engine bay, I almost cried until I saw your after pictures.

Swirls don't look too bad considering it is a daily driver and is left outside.

Should look good once you've done, can't wait to see the end result.

Looking forward to reading the write-up :teeth:

Nice work Paul on the engine bay, I almost cried until I saw your after pictures.

Swirls don't look too bad considering it is a daily driver and is left outside.

Should look good once you've done, can't wait to see the end result.

Looking forward to reading the write-up :teeth:

Thanks Craig

Yeah she's not in bad shape consider the soft paint, Kris said he hasn't polished her in 6 mths he did srp followed by egp but seemed to be holding up ok.

Looking forward to getting cracking on it tomorrow now.

Paul