tax disc wire ?

P15UL T

i have a wire coming out the side of the tax disc perhaps part of an alarm ???

did a search on the site but couldnt find anything so do you have any ideas guys

i am looking to put on a nice shiny one but dont want to **** anything up :scare:

cheers in advance :thumbs:

i have a wire coming out the side of the tax disc perhaps part of an alarm ???

did a search on the site but couldnt find anything so do you have any ideas guys

i am looking to put on a nice shiny one but dont want to **** anything up :scare:

cheers in advance :thumbs:

Yeah I remember that. Someone said it was an aerial of some sort which sounded like a load of rubbish, so I just left it as is just incase.

I'm sure someone will come along and inform us of how wrong I am :thumbs::blush:

• 2 months later...

i know it has taken me a while to post up my findings from my last post but i am led to beleive that it is an areil for the integrated phone system, so have been advised not to cut it but simply hide it down the side of the plastic trim so it can still be used. still not got around to doing it mind you

does that mean that the ariel at the tax disc wont be connected to anything ??

how does the phone pod in the little compartment work and the buttons on the steering wheel ? - are they not connected to the tax disc arial

thanks for any help

does that mean that the ariel at the tax disc wont be connected to anything ??

how does the phone pod in the little compartment work and the buttons on the steering wheel ? - are they not connected to the tax disc arial

thanks for any help

If the wire is for the aftermarket phone kit then yeah, it won't be connected to anything.

There isn't one on mine mate :)