ings+1 - anyone has any of their kit fitted?

ikarus

Hey,

Been looking on z-store and seriously thinking of putting down cash against the ings+1 LX skirts and half rear bumper, along with a Varis carbon splitter and a blitz rear spoiler. I was speaking to my local bodyshop today and the wanted to know about ings+1 hybrid material (a cross between fibreglass and polyurethane i'm told) and fitment. So i have two question, if anyone has any experience of their kits i would surely appreciate it ..

1. how well does ings+1 LX kit fit, i'm told its very good, but thats from sales folk, not fitters.

2. can their 'hybrid' material be bonded and blended, if so, what materials should the bodyshop use to ensure it doesn't crack?

Thanks in advance.

ikarus

I have the Ings sides and rear. They are very good. I also got bumped by a cossie two days after fitting and the small scuff and crack repaired very well.

Make sure you get the right rear uk and jdm differ.

Search my posts with "longest" for some pics.

martinmac,

That kit looks great on your car B). Do you mind me asking how much you paid for fitting and painting - i am in talks with my local bodyshop tomorrow. Also, is your rear half bumper bonded to the rear or fitted upto the original bumper with rubber strips along the join?

>>I also got bumped by a cossie two days after fitting

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

>> Make sure you get the right rear uk and jdm differ

I have a jdm fairlady so i already have the square no. plate bumper. Appreciate the heads up though.

thanks, ikarus

I am afraid I can't remember the price I had a lot of work done at the same time.

The rear has a lip which fits very nicely into your plate recess. The fit is great so you can tell the bodyshop its not going to be a pain

Mine had to be modified to fit.

The Ings stuff is very high quality, you'll not be disappointed with it!

Gaz,

Emailed you for a quote pls. Looks like the ings is the quality i was hoping for :)

Dave

Gaz,

I'm still waiting on your quote bud, did you get my email ok?

Will pm just in case you didn't get it.

Dave

Where you based Ikarus? If its in the south have a word with John @ JPC autorefinishing. Link in my sig as he is dam good and competitivly priced :thumbs: Oh and the Ings kit is one of the nicest and best fitting kits out there :)

Thanks bud,

I am in Staffordshire, i tried the link anyhow but its dead - i think the page is down.

>>Oh and the Ings kit is one of the nicest and best fitting kits out there

Thanks, i'm really liking the kit. Sooo glad to hear its a good fit - i've already been down the road of badly fitting kits on previous cars = False economy

Dave

How low is the Ings kit? I seem to remember someone removing theirs after a while due to it being to low and being a bit of a headache for a daily driver. Not sure which kit that was though as I know Ings do a couple of them (LX and N1 IIRC). It's always worth considering stuff like this as practical headaches can really take the shine off your mods.

Depends on what your lowered on I suppose~!!

On stock it shouldnt be too much lower but if your on lower springs or coils then you may have an issue but with coils you can set the ride height/ stiffness so you can set up to suit

Where you based Ikarus? If its in the south have a word with John @ JPC autorefinishing. Link in my sig as he is dam good and competitivly priced :thumbs: Oh and the Ings kit is one of the nicest and best fitting kits out there :)

Thanks bud,

I am in Staffordshire, i tried the link anyhow but its dead - i think the page is down.

>>Oh and the Ings kit is one of the nicest and best fitting kits out there

Thanks, i'm really liking the kit. Sooo glad to hear its a good fit - i've already been down the road of badly fitting kits on previous cars = False economy

Dave

Changed his site address!! http://jc-refinishing.com/index.htm guessing he may be too far for you to travel... Worth it though as he is very good :thumbs:

How low is the Ings kit? I seem to remember someone removing theirs after a while due to it being to low and being a bit of a headache for a daily driver. Not sure which kit that was though as I know Ings do a couple of them (LX and N1 IIRC). It's always worth considering stuff like this as practical headaches can really take the shine off your mods.

I have 9 cms clearance with the Ings kit and a C west front. Its also dropped 30mm on coilovers. :)

Gaz,

I'm still waiting on your quote bud, did you get my email ok?

Will pm just in case you didn't get it.

Dave

Hi Dave,

No, I didn't get it? Could you PM me it please?

Gaz

Gaz,

pm'd again.

I want to get this kit (and other items) as per previous pm ordered today, please get back to me with a quote if you are interested, or at least let me know if you are not.

ikarus

Gaz,

pm'd again.

I want to get this kit (and other items) as per previous pm ordered today, please get back to me with a quote if you are interested, or at least let me know if you are not.

ikarus

Will do, was waiting a few prices coming back from Japan, will reply shortly :)

Gaz

• 2 months later...

Well the waiting is almost over, according to Envy the kit arrives on Monday (well, docks in the UK anyway), it took a while as they were made to order and shipped by sea, but the car should now be in the body shop in the next few weeks :) . I have in the mean time been very busy a few popular mods - and designing the mother of a custom audio install - i'll keep that under wraps for now though untill the car is painted and it all comes together. However, as soon as the Ings pieces arrive the car goes into the bodyshop for Ings LX sides and half rear, Blitz rear spoiler, Varis carbon front splitter, carbon intake and carbon wing mirror covers. Oh and i should mension a full respray in bright white. Then on for possibly a carbon roof wrap and subtle window tints. Then in with the audio.. should take me up to 2010.. then maybe a hint of supercharging..

Nice to have the project back in production rather than development, been chomping at the bit since i saw all the lovely cars at zedfest :thumbs: .

ikarus

Its going to be worth the wait :thumbs:

Certainly hope so, damn shame winter is fast approaching though!

Sounds good Dave, by the way, I called you this morning just after 9:00... :thumbs:

So you did, i was with jigsaw and drill and didn't hear, my appologies :wacko: . Will give you a shout back later today once i'm back from lunch with my parents.