when is the import tax paid?

hotrain69

sorry if this is a stupid question. but have just bought some stuff from Adam@Z1auto. Expected some sort of tax for importing the goods. But they were delivered today without any indication that i have to pay. will there be something sent to me later from HMRC?

i've never known someone receive the goods until they have coughed up the import duty so in my opinion you've got away with it. I've always had to hand the money over first. Card comes through the door saying we have your parcel and you owe duty of XXXXX then you have to go and collect it.

+1 I paid the UPS guys (cash on delivery) for the import tax a cheeky admin fee on top.

Matt

Parcel force are the worst for that :rant: They charge theyre own handling fee once its in the uk, it sits in the depot for a week until you recieve the latter they send & then they fail to deliver it on the day you requested when you paid the extortanite fees :rant:

UPS & Fedex are much better :thumbs:

Unless you have an aco**** with them , they normally won't deliver unless you have paid the duty and VAT.

I am sure last time we had a discussion about this Adam said all his prices included import duty and VAT, check with him

Ian, thats your best bet. :) Sarah

Unless you have an aco**** with them , they normally won't deliver unless you have paid the duty and VAT.

I am sure last time we had a discussion about this Adam said all his prices included import duty and VAT, check with him

Adam did say that he'd sort something out with the custom charges, don't know exactly how? I'll find out when the delivery for the groupbuy turns up.

Adam did say that he'd sort something out with the custom charges, don't know exactly how? I'll find out when the delivery for the groupbuy turns up.

I've paid customs charges on everything I've bought from Adam :)

Yeah, i think he'll have a trade price not full retail price showing on the package, me thinks.

Last time I posted that our price (which was the same as his) included import duty and VAT, Adam was very quick to come back at me and say that so did his, in no uncertain terms. So if it doesn't......

Hmmm yes i see. Can't see how he could work out the duty and add it into the retail price. As Ian has said, he paid import duties on items from Adam so maybe he's confused it with the handling and shipping fees.

I agree, didn't like to argue with him though, but it would be unusal to have it arrive all paid. Thats why we hammer home.... our prices include everything and take away the unknown costs :D I am sure he will be along soon to set us straight ;)