Birdsview Satnav - uninstall, is it worth it?

cpk

My car has a dealer fitted (?) birdsview sat nav. It's the cd version, UK only and no postcodes. It is poorly controlled by a remote.

It's all a bit basic, the woman shouts at me on her lowest volume setting and I'd rather use a tomtom.

Anyway... Does it have a value or should I just leave it in the car? Come resale time it will be good, it's something another Z hasn't got and some people like built in satnav, plus you don't really find out how bad it is until you use it for a few days!

I could be tempted to remove it and sell it if I thought someone would be interested?

Or alternatively, can I upgrade it?

• 2 months later...
My car has a dealer fitted (?) birdsview sat nav. It's the cd version, UK only and no postcodes. It is poorly controlled by a remote.

It's all a bit basic, the woman shouts at me on her lowest volume setting and I'd rather use a tomtom.

Anyway... Does it have a value or should I just leave it in the car? Come resale time it will be good, it's something another Z hasn't got and some people like built in satnav, plus you don't really find out how bad it is until you use it for a few days!

I could be tempted to remove it and sell it if I thought someone would be interested?

Or alternatively, can I upgrade it?

I'm having the same dilemma. What did you do in the end? I love my TomTom tbh, and would rather just mount that in the cubby, although I don't know if I would need an extension to the antenna?

How easy is it to remove the Birdview?

Hi Guys, It is very easy to remove the Birdview :thumbs: If I was you I would be looking at the unit Dave 'Nurrish' does as I have seen it fitted and it is a top bit of kit for the money!!

I am sure Nurrish would remove it for you when he fits a new unit! The old Birdview (if in good condition) should get about £400-450 through ebay.

Hi Guys, It is very easy to remove the Birdview :thumbs: If I was you I would be looking at the unit Dave 'Nurrish' does as I have seen it fitted and it is a top bit of kit for the money!!

I am sure Nurrish would remove it for you when he fits a new unit! The old Birdview (if in good condition) should get about £400-450 through ebay.

Thing is it's the Nissan 'accessory' Birdview as opposed to the one from the factory. I also don't have the DVD for it so I've never actually seen it work. I suppose it may still fetch a few hundred on eBay, in which case I would def go for Nurrish's unit.

Can you have the satnav working and still isten to music at the same time with his unit?