Civic Type R now sold, the Z search begins....

Brett350z

Hi All

Managed to sell my Type R on Friday which I am over the moon about, ad here http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1115353.htm

Looking to stay japanese, needed something with bit more grunt, appeal and an engine you dont need to rev the nuts off, so ive decided the 350 is for me.

Have around 10-10.5K to play with so hope to pick up a UK spec 03-53 with average miles. Its now just the daily grind of constant page refreshing on autotrader,pistonheads etc ;)

Basically just a post to say Hi, and I will keep you updated when I find a car, big question is how long can I manage without a daily driver. :thumbdown:

How many owners on here have gone from a Type R to a 350z? did you feel it was the right move?

Cheers

Brett

Hot hatch = rev the nuts off it like your racing all the time.

350z = has a huge powerful engine that doesn't need ragging around. It feels totally different and to me makes me a better driver. I don't have to drop a couple of gears to get passed someone - I just put my foot down more and I glide past.

You won't regret it. Plus you'll probably feel more grown up - I do. :thumbs:

All I can advise is to book a test drive in one first so you can compare good and bad quality ones before handing over a lot of cash. I just rang up the local Nissan dealer - had a ride in a Roadster version (I wanted a coupe), but virtually the same. You know how the pedals and handling feel, etc then. :)

* Also don't be impatient and rush into buying (I know that cash will be burning a hole in your pocket). :p I waited for months for the right example and brought an outstanding quality zed from an owner on here - it paid off and cherishing it just as much as the previous owner with no worries. :thumbs:

Hi there. There's loads of us that used to have CTR's. I loved mine and if I ever needed four seats again I would have another. The zed is in a different league though and i'm sure you'll feel the same. My son now has a CTR and I used it the other day and it was still great fun, I'd forgotton how quick it was but no comparison to my zed.

As said above, don't rush into getting the first one you see and if you can get one from a forum member you know you'll have a good one! Good luck. :thumbs:

Wow, sold my standard 52 reg 12 months ago for just under 6k in excellent condition so you did well there. Went in less than 24hrs though so must have been a good price :doh: .

I'm sure you'll love 350z ownership but, I don't think I'll ever own a car that I'll enjoy as much as my old CTR. So, in hindsight, for me it was the wrong move

Wow, sold my standard 52 reg 12 months ago for just under 6k in excellent condition so you did well there. Went in less than 24hrs though so must have been a good price :doh: .

I'm sure you'll love 350z ownership but, I don't think I'll ever own a car that I'll enjoy as much as my old CTR. So, in hindsight, for me it was the wrong move

What's making you think you made the wrong decision? Is it that the zed isn't your type of car or was it more to do with the happy memories you had with the CTR (i.e. places you went, laugh with mates in it, etc) ?

Where are you based Brett? My Zed will be up for sale very soon. I'm looking at possibly an M3 or a newer Zed (313ps model). The Zed is the best all-round sports car i have owned. Great cabin, great power, great looks, lots of good styling mods available for it etc. Also - it turns heads, but never in a negative "look at that to$$er" kind of way :teeth:

Hi Brett,

I still love and miss my CTR very much! Was K-Pro`d AND Spooned, Mugen`d, Fast road set-up by TGM Racing, tuned by CPL Racing to 182WBHP One of the best cars Ive ever owned..Cherished.

If you were a member of the CTRO forum you may have been to one of my Famous BLUEWATER MEETS of the past few years ;)

Good luck finding a good Zed!! :thumbs:

What's making you think you made the wrong decision? Is it that the zed isn't your type of car or was it more to do with the happy memories you had with the CTR (i.e. places you went, laugh with mates in it, etc) ?

I'm happy with my new car more grown up but still miss the power delivery of the CTR from time to time.

498395686_74bd9674db.jpg