Want to change headlight from xenon to non-xenon

Dejan

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum (just bought 2004 350z orange with gunmetal wheels:), brembos etc., LHD, as I live in Europe)

I bought it damaged in front, I managed to get most of parts, but I still need headlights.

Current ones(cracked) are HID Xenon, but I'd like to swap them for non-xenon aftermarket ones, as they are around 200GBP new, delivered from USA ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=140332908930

I saw somwhere, that non-xenon lights won't fit on xenon 350s, is that true?

I did my search here, no definitive answer...

Otherwise i'm pretty confindent, I can fit the xenon lamp+starter in this non xenon unit.

If that does not work, I can also buy H7 xenon kit and fit it...

Thank you for your help!

Dejan

• 1 month later...

So, I bought the headlights from ebay usa, 220€ for pair, tax and postage included.

They do fit on xenon car, except the connector, xenon is bigger because of the 2pins for the motor.

I fitted H7 xenon aftermarket kit(4300K, no blueish crap), works fine.

Pretty satisfied with the result...and saved A LOT of money...

Can it be, that my Z is the most beautiful of all...? :#1:

What hes done is get non Xenon lights and fit an aftermarket Xenon kit, which comes out cheaper than buying the Xenon lights from Nissan. Interested to see how that stacks up against proper Xenon and if the cutoff etc is the same. I would guss the shells are all the same anyway, just some have Xenon bulbs and balasts and some just run on normal H7 bulbs.

But now I do have xenon lights, at only a fraction of costs of new ones: new-more than 2000€ pair, my solution: less than 300€. Can you see the difference in cost...?

And as a bonus, the new ones have black sorround and smoked orange stripe, they look very good with my wheels :D

As for, how they work, they are an exact copy, and a good one, of the original... cutoff is very defined, all fine.

So, if you need to change, this advice could help you save some money...