Wicked wheels how do you rate them?

rtbiscuit

ok peeps, my tyres are due changing in the near future and i'm think will i change them maybe getting them refurb at the same time, mabe in a different colour. they have bubbled in places and i fancy something likke a gunmetal or shadow chrome, maybe a satin or matt black.

just up the road from my parents in hedingham is a wicked wheels van, i've heard positive comments about the one in crawley was wondering if they are good everywhere, or just crawley.

do they take the tyres off to do it i.e. they don't mask off the tyre and respray the visible area.

do you reckon its possible to do all 4 in one day?

my thinknig is it would possibly cost me £50 to have new tyres put on, a refub they'd have to take the tyres off as part of the spray, so why not put new rubber on at the same time? and reinvest the original fitting cost into the refurb instead.

id be interested to hear the prices etc of the refurb :)

my dad was looking at using them and i think he said they were about £60 a wheel. he has surface damage to his so i don't know if its just a repair or a whole respray for his wheel.

alot of the info needed i just found on their website :blush:

http://www.wickedwheels.co.uk/index.html

they don't fully remove the tyre but they do enough to be able repair kerbing. not sure if they would be able to do a full refurb.

i am right in thinking that powder coated wheels will last longer and have a better finish compared to painted ones. if so i'm going to look into power coaters as well.

do they take the tyres off to do it i.e. they don't mask off the tyre and respray the visible area.

Well, there is a video on their website and it shows they pop the tyre off one side and then mask it off and then go under the visible lip.

yeah noticed it myself. :blush: