Full front end PaintShield !!

icumber

Spent today down at PaintShield, Grantham getting the complete front end of my new :teeth: 06 metallic black 305Z GT 'done'.

Bumper, sills, mirrors, full bonnet and (new) full wings.

A big job but a superbly done and such friendly geniune people too.

Took some photos - to follow once I get them off the camera.

Although, has to be said that you'll probably not see the paintshield though.

Going to drop by again end next week so they can tweak any bits needing attention due to what they call 'silvering' because of the black paint.

Definately recommend the treatment - you really cant tell its on there unless you get real close up and go looking for it.

Having the full bonnet and the new full wings (second 350Z in europe and poss the world as pattern so new) means no edges across the paintwork - and believe me, nothing to see. Also gloss is great and no loss of colour either.

Warrenty sounds good and I really cant see these guys letting us down if we have any problems.

Thanks to you all at PaintShield :thumbs: .

Cheers,

Ian

Spent today down at PaintShield, Grantham getting the complete front end of my new :teeth: 06 metallic black 305Z GT 'done'.

Bumper, sills, mirrors, full bonnet and (new) full wings.

A big job but a superbly done and such friendly geniune people too.

Took some photos - to follow once I get them off the camera.

Although, has to be said that you'll probably not see the paintshield though.

Going to drop by again end next week so they can tweak any bits needing attention due to what they call 'silvering' because of the black paint.

Definately recommend the treatment - you really cant tell its on there unless you get real close up and go looking for it.

Having the full bonnet and the new full wings (second 350Z in europe and poss the world as pattern so new) means no edges across the paintwork - and believe me, nothing to see. Also gloss is great and no loss of colour either.

Warrenty sounds good and I really cant see these guys letting us down if we have any problems.

Thanks to you all at PaintShield :thumbs: .

Cheers,

Ian

So how much did all this cost ya? :wacko:

Hmmm B), it was more than I wanted to pay but less than I would probably pay for respay/devalue etc. and certainly less effort and agro.

You sure you want to know ? You'll need to be sat down when i tell you :secret: .

Ian

Hmmm B), it was more than I wanted to pay but less than I would probably pay for respay/devalue etc. and certainly less effort and agro.

You sure you want to know ? You'll need to be sat down when i tell you :secret: .

Ian

Yes.... sorry Emoticons aint working

Heres a Black Porker done the same way Full Wings Bonnet and Bumper

The main benefit here is it is really invisible as there is no obvious end point (unless you get really really close and of coure no muppet is ever going to key the front of this. The cameras were all out when Ian had his done and we did a Blue one the day before the same way and have no pice of that either :(

However until Ians show up or he gets back here for a little tweaking (if necessary) then these will have to do.

The full wings on a 350Z are one of the toughest things we have ever done :) but the end product is worth the effort :)

Cheers

Tom

Ian

Yep, hit me with it..... :surrender:

Don't want to crash your thread Ian, but I wanted to echo your sentiments..

I took my MY06 Azure Z to Paintshield, Grantham on Monday (26/6), where Tom's team did a really superb full front-end installation (inc full wings). :thumbs:

From just a few feet away it is virtually invisible, close-up all you see is the sparkle and lustre of the existing paint and a very feint line neatly following the panel edges. I've attached three largish, hi-res, close-up pics as it really isn't worth shooting from much further away!

Totally chuffed with the Paintshield service and the end result. :D

If the 3M film's performance is effective and durable, then IMO this stuff is a must have!

cheers, Carl.

Don't want to crash your thread Ian, but I wanted to echo your sentiments..

I took my MY06 Azure Z to Paintshield, Grantham on Monday (26/6), where Tom's team did a really superb full front-end installation (inc full wings). :thumbs:

From just a few feet away it is virtually invisible, close-up all you see is the sparkle and lustre of the existing paint and a very feint line neatly following the panel edges. I've attached three largish, hi-res, close-up pics as it really isn't worth shooting from much further away!

Totally chuffed with the Paintshield service and the end result. :D

If the 3M film's performance is effective and durable, then IMO this stuff is a must have!

cheers, Carl.

Looks good mate! A lot of people don't like the fact that you can see the film but I have about 4 or 5 stone chips on this:

FrontsideGT4-1.jpg

I'm gonna get them sorted ASAP and then get the paintshield done. IMO opinion you have a choice:

Stone Chips Or Film

I know which one I'd rather see on my Zed!!! :thumbs:

PS: How much was it?

Hi sarnie give me a call and I will walk you through the options

01476 592777

Incidentally done this way you CANNOT see the film it just is not there unless you get within an inch or so of the edges :)

Cheers

Tom

Does your product cover the Nismo bumper as well as the standard one?

HI We currently do have the 05 Nismo Bumper in the data base we are waiting for the first 06 Nismo to come to us we would need to do a design (no Extra charge) just needs more time.

Its not a problem as we can design anything :)

Cheers

Tom

• 11 months later...
What happens if you polish, wax, claybar etc these?

I always hand wash and polish as usual with no problems and it always 'comes up nice'. B)

The only thing I dont do is use a pressure washer on it. :thumbdown: Although Tom at Paintshield might like to comment on that?